Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: First Look

Happy Wedding Wednesday! I'm excited to share our First Look photos with you today. We decided pretty early on in our wedding planning that we would have a First Look. It seems couples are either totally for this or totally against it and it really just depends on the couple. 

A big factor came down to the fact that our wedding started at 5 p.m. and by the time our ceremony was over, it would be too dark outside to take our bridal party and couple portraits. We also didn't love the idea of making our guests wait for us to join the reception while we took photos. Most importantly, though, I knew seeing my groom before our ceremony would help calm me down a bit. I was surprisingly calm on our wedding day, but I'm not a huge fan of being the center of attention and was pretty nervous about my saying my vows. I knew that no matter how overwhelmed, stressed or nervous I was, having this moment with my man would help calm me down and remind me what our day is really all about: us.





























Did you decide to have a First Look on your big day? I know many couples feel like it might take away from the excitement of your groom seeing you walk down the aisle and after experiencing this for myself, I feel that having a First Look was absolutely perfect for us. Me walking down the aisle was a whole different kind of moment and I honestly don't think Jonathan seeing me beforehand took anything away from that. Again, you have to do what's right for you as a couple, but I have only good things to say about it.

All photos by Lora Rodgers Photography.
Linking up for Wedding Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. I think we are planning a first look as well. Jeremy is kind of on the fence about it, but I know that I need it to not be a crazy person. I am also planning a first look with my dad. That is the plan, at least. How much time did you schedule for your first look and bridal party photos? I need to start creating a timeline and I have no idea how much time to dedicate to that...like 2 hours?

    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty. I love seeing the grooms face when he sees his bride for the first time.

    I love reading about how people feel on first look vs waiting til the ceremony because I am so undecided about it! I am not engaged yet but I still think about these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the perfect reasons to have your first look. You are right. There's no gray spot when it comes to taking first looks. We also did a first look, and loved it. Although, our family(mainly our moms and grandmas) did not approve hahah. We still did it anyway, and we do not regret at all. Your first look pictures look so beautiful. I am glad doing a first look and getting pictures taken worked well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so beautiful! You two look so sweet!

    We're going the traditional route and not doing a first look, but I am going to do one with my dad and brother. I've always imagined my groom seeing me for the first time walk down the aisle, blusher over my face, and then be the first person to see my face once the blusher is pulled back! I know it's so girly, but it's how I've always pictured it! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting married in April and we will not have one. He will see me for the first time in the chapel. I like the traditional-ness of it (even if not for the fears of it bringing bad luck to be see before) and I think also because I get social anxiety when I'm in big groups, and so being able to know that he is focusing on me and me on him during that walk, I'll be able to block out everyone else.

    Your pictures are beautiful!!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete