Thursday, February 20, 2014

blessings, they just keep on coming

2014 has certainly been a year of big life changes and we've hardly made it to March. Just as things were starting to settle down after our wedding in January, February brings more blessings in the form of a big career change for me. 

I don't talk about my job on here often because I try to keep that separate, but I have been at the same company since I graduated college in 2008 and while I've grown within the company and enjoyed my time there, I've been ready to move on for quite some time. After many months of job searching, last week I was offered a great position with a consulting firm and was absolutely thrilled to accept. I start a week from Friday and I absolutely can't wait to start this new chapter!

I had become so unhappy in my previous job and I'm not proud to say it really brought me down. I knew eventually the right opportunity would come along and it absolutely did. I was at the point where I would really take any position just to get out of my job and I'm glad to say I didn't have to make that compromise with this one. This position is in my field and it's certainly a step up in regards to the work load, job responsibilities and even in salary.

I'm feeling all sorts of things. I'm relieved. Quitting my job and knowing that it was the right thing to do left me feeling like a huge weight was lifted. I'm excited for a change, for new challenges and new responsibilities. I'm thankful. I'm thankful because God continues to remind me that he is in control and his plan is always right on time. I'm overwhelmed because the blessings just keep on coming and somehow right when I think things couldn't get any better, they do. 


I can't help but wonder what blessings the rest of 2014 will bring us. I sure can't wait to see and I absolutely will be soaking in every joyful moment. 

6 comments:

  1. WOO! You go girl! Very happy for you! I am close to the same place as you were. At a great job for three years now, but I just need something new and I am feeling a bit brought down. You are giving me hope!!

    ReplyDelete