Monday, February 10, 2014

This Post is Bad for Your Diet

Just last week as I vowed to be a better blogger, it struck me that I should probably give this space a little face lift while I'm being ambitious. I wanted to simplify things a bit and change up the color scheme. I'm no blog designer, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with how this thing turned out! I've made a few updates to my About page and promise to get better about sharing my favorite recipes with you all again. There are already a few of my favorites under the Recipes tab, but I've been cooking and baking like crazy lately, so there is a lot more to come!

In addition to giving a little TLC to this happy space, our weekend was pretty great. Saturday we spent the afternoon with my new father-in-law and went to see Lone Survivor. You guessed it, the boys definitely picked the movie and even though some of the war scenes were hard for me to watch, I thought the movie was great. After the movie, we grabbed a bite to eat and went grocery shopping to stock up on everything we needed to host brunch at our house after church on Sunday. I also spent Saturday night baking these babies...


Those are Orange Creamsicle cupcakes...with a marshmellow cream filling. I can't put into words how magical our house smelled while these were in the oven. The recipe is here if you want to experience this for yourself. They are currently hiding out in our freezer so they don't disappear before I have chance to bring them to my brother-in-law this weekend for his birthday.

...and then there was Sunday, which was basically the best day ever. It was one of those days you have a goofy smile plastered across your face and you don't even realize it. We woke up bright and early to meet our friends for the early service at church. After church, we all met back at our house for brunch and I have to say, my husband and I did a damn good job putting it together. Jonathan's parents came over too, and we all spent the morning eating and drinking and laughing...there was lots of laughing. We made eggs, bacon, fruit salad, corn muffins and I tried this awesome recipe for Cinnamon Crescent Rolls. Between that and all the necessities for mimosas and the perfect bloody mary, we had quite the spread. 


Yes, that is bacon in my bloody mary. Yes, it was amazing. 

We were all having just way too much fun with this brunch business. After a few drinks, we decided to take our party on the road and walked/biked up the street to the bar. I have to add that while my mother-in-law and I road bikes, most of our group walked, but my husband, he roller bladed choosing not to bring a change of shoes. It was quite the scene watching him roll into and around the bar. We all had an absolute blast and our simple little brunch turned into a long day of fun. 


I'm not going to lie, though, we were pretty hungover (already) by the time everyone left around 5:00. We spent the rest of our weekend watching several episodes of Breaking Bad. Jonathan's already watched the series, but he's watching it again with me. We just finished season 4 and well, I just wish we weren't adults so we could still be watching right now. Instead, it's Monday and we're back to work, but only for a few days, then we're off to Destin for the weekend! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. As you probably already know, Don C is back with his second Air Jordan 2 collaboration, this time opting for a more neutral shade of light tan for the jordan 11 legend blue premium quilted leather construction of the classic silhouette. Dubbed the “Beach” colorway because of the sandy upper, this time the Just Don Air Jordan will cheap jordans for sale not only release in men’s sizes, but also GS sizes 5-7 for all the small-footed fans of luxurious Air Jordans. With premium packaging including a jordans shoes vibrant red Just Don x Air Jordan hat and a box to match, the shoes are not going to be for those light in the http://www.cheapjordansshoesforsale2016.com wallet, as they’re priced at $650 for the men’s sizing and $350 for the kid’s sizing. For Nike.com’s release, there will be a “Drawing” between jordans for sale 9AM and 10AM EST this Saturday. Contact your local shop for release procedures.
    The Air Jordan XXX may be on the scene, but there’s still Air Jordan 11 Retro 72 10 at least one release of the XX9 to look forward to. cheap jordans Just previewed earlier this morning, we now have a release details for the Air Jordan XX9 Low “Jimmy Buckets”. The shoe is a special edition for Jimmy Butler, one of the brand’s biggest ambassadors currently on the NBA court. With an obviously Bulls-themed colorway, the Flyweave jordans 2016 upper sports a black and red elephant pattern with red leather heel panels complete with 3-D “23” on the heels. Jimmy’s logo is found on jordan 13 the right shoe’s tongue to finish them off. Enjoy a detailed look at the Air Jordan XX9 Low “Jimmy Buckets” here, and take note that cheap jordan shoes they’ll be dropping this Wednesday at select Jordan Brand retailers.

    ReplyDelete