Thursday, February 6, 2014

Life Lately

"I will get back to blogging once the wedding is over." 

Clearly, I was lying to myself because here we are, one month post-wedding and I can't seem to get on track here. It's funny too, because there are always stories to share, recipes to rave about and thoughts it would do me a world of good to get out of my head. 

To be honest, we've been busy around these parts, but that is all the more reason why I need to get better at this blogging business. I want to document this time in our lives. I need to be more intentional with my writing. I love reading back on my old blog posts. It takes me back to what I was feeling during that time, good or bad. I am enjoying life and living in the moment, but I truly want to be better about taking time to sit down and write. 

The good news is, I'm finally starting to get back to normal after the chaos of the holidays and then our wedding. Here's what else we've been up to lately -

We're working on our fitness. Right after we got home from our honeymoon, my sweet husband took me out to buy this beauty. 


I would have been just as happy with a budget-friendly bicycle from Target, but Jonathan wasn't having it. We ordered this from our local bicycle shop and I'm glad we splurged a little bit. I love this baby! We've been going on bike rides left and right since we brought it home. I'm absolutely loving it! 

Speaking of fitness, Jonathan and I started Shaun T's Focus T25 program about a week ago and it's kicking my butt. It's a love/hate relationship though, because I do enjoy the workouts despite the tears and yelling at Shaun T through each workout. I love that each workout is only 25 minutes long. By the time I'm starting to feel like I might die, I realize, "hey, there's only 12 minutes left. I can totally do 12 more minutes." I also love that Jonathan and I are doing it together. I'm not going to lie, we are only a week or so in and he is the main reason I haven't missed a day yet. It's not that I'm lazy, I've just having a tough time getting my head in the workout game. I'm getting there, though and in all fairness, he got me started on Breaking Bad and I have very little desire to do anything else but devour a few several episodes a night. 

In other news, we got our professional wedding photos back. I woke up Monday morning and basically jumped out of bed when I saw an email from our photographer. I love them. Absolutely love them! I'm planning on getting my shit together and linking up for Wedding Wednesday for the next few weeks so I can share all the details of our day. Oh, what the heck, I'll share one of my favorites with you today because I just can't help myself!


Photo by Lora Rodgers Photography
I finally feel like I got our house put back together after organizing our wedding gifts and whatnot. I've been baking up a storm as usual and trying out some new dinner recipes, too! I'll have to post some of my new favorites soon. I've also started the oh-so-fun process of changing my name and boy, the Social Security office is not my favorite place. It's quite the process but obviously, totally worth it!

We're one month into married life and I'd say it's pretty fantastic. We've been so busy getting settled back into our day-to-day schedules, but I am absolutely soaking up every minute of this time as a newlywed. It's amazing, really and I still can't believe this is my life. 

So, cheers to married life and to me taking the time to write about this it and all the other random ideas that float through my head. I'm back! 

1 comment: