Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Why you shouldn't try to dump someone on April Fools' Day

Yesterday was just another day in my book. I'm glad to say no attempted to play any April Fools' Day jokes on me. I love a good prank, but didn't play or hear of any good ones. I did, however, have a part in a very unfortunate misunderstanding. This my friends, is a true story:

After going out on a few dates with a really nice guy, my roomie decided she just wasn't that into him. While at the gym last night, we talked about how she decided to break things off with him rather than dragging it out any longer when she wasn't interested. When he texted later in the night asking her out again, I told her to get it over with and respond by telling him she just wasn't feeling it. She joked about how she'd rather just phase him out but I insisted she be up front and honest. I even took over her phone and wrote out the text for her. It basically said that she just wasn't feeling a connection and didn't want to waste his time.

A little nervous about how he would respond, she asked me to hang on to her phone and read his response and let me tell you...it was a doozy. In all the time we took brainstorming a nice way to let him down, we failed to realize it was April Fools' Day. He thought she was playing a joke on him. 

 
We never saw this response coming and it had us in a fit of laughter trying to figure out how to respond. How did she respond? She just said, "Oh gosh. I didn't even realize it was April Fools' Day." It's the truth. The thought never crossed our minds as we talked about how to break it off with him. He took it well and told her he wishes her the best. Good guy. We did feel bad for him and he was right, it was just the weirdest coincidence ever.
 
And that, my friends, is why you shouldn't try to dump someone on April Fools' Day.
 
Tell me...
 
Were you part of any good pranks yesterday? Has this awkward scenario ever happened to you?   

3 comments: