Thursday, March 28, 2013

Times are Changing

I'm so utterly fascinated with life. We spend so long talking about, dreaming of, envisioning what our future is going to be like. We think about meeting the person we want to spend our lives with, we wonder when we'll stop settling for less than we deserve and start to settle down, when we'll start cooking more dinners and having less wild nights out. Then suddenly one day you realize all this stuff isn't some far off reality anymore. You realize you are there. It isn't something you are hoping for, planning on, dreaming of...it's something you are living.

This is where I am. Over the past 3 years (almost), I have documented just about everything that led me to this place on this blog and I have loved every second of it. I've shared, sometimes in too much detail, my search for love; real love. I've shared my adventures and thoughts on who I am, what I stand for, what moves me, the mark I want to leave on this world. I've shared the "rainbows" and "storms" in my life and this blog has helped me survive the storms.

I didn't start a blog to be the next big thing in blogging, to turn it into a career or to make lots of money. I blog because I love to write. On a bad day, I can write and somehow sort out how I'm feeling. On a good day, I can soak in the joy I'm feeling by writing about it. I love documenting things and I love looking back on them later and being taken right back to the moment. This is why I blog.


With that being said, I feel like I am In a state of transition. I've found the love of my life and now rather than sharing my dating adventures, I want to share my thoughts on relationship dynamics and things I'm learning as I begin to build a life with someone. I still want to write about the fun things I do, embarrassing stories about my drinking too much, my thoughts on life and how I found a quote on Pinterest that really made my day.

Unfortunately, because of certain things I've written about, I've kept this blog pretty separate from most of my friends and family. I write on here under my nickname, Millie and I don't link my posts to Facebook or anything.

At this point in my life, I want to open the blog up to everyone, but would need to basically go in and delete posts I wouldn't want everyone to read. I would start a completely new blog, but there are so many non-dating related posts that I am really proud of and wouldn't want to lose. I also may not have a huge following on here, but I don't want to lose that either. I know I want to change the title and design, but I'm a little stumped on what to change it to right now.

Needless to say, I'm a little overwhelmed with where to/how to go from here. I'm also really excited about moving forward and making these changes. I hope you'll continue to follow along no matter what changes I make and please, any insight, feedback or ideas you might have on my next step, please share them with me.

As always, thank you for reading along. The fact that anyone is interested in what I write really means a lot to me. xoxo

4 comments:

  1. i've been reading your blog for a while...i've read most of your stories and found your posts about online dating emails hilarious.

    it would be hard to transition to a new life in terms of blogging hmm.....could you keep this blog but just not post on it anymore and have a new blog that is not linked to this one at all? so you don't lose everything and could always sign in whenever you wanted to read your memories.

    i'm excited for you to have found love, would love to continue reading your new blog, whichever direction you choose to take it!

    ReplyDelete