Monday, April 29, 2013

A confession.

Once upon a time, just a few months ago, I was blogging about running a 5K, working out at the crack of dawn and sticking to a healthy diet. Somewhere between then and now, the workouts became less frequent and ice cream, big Sunday breakfasts and candy became more frequent. Don't get me wrong...I still go to the gym, but it's become more of a 1-2 times/week occurrence and my runs don't go much further than 3 miles or so.

I have fallen off the wagon. It's been a slow fall, but it's been a tragic fall. I have fallen in love and off the treadmill, so to speak.

It kills me that just a few months ago I was effortlessly sticking to a relatively healthy diet and I was working out like crazy and loving every minute. I could probably come up with a few excuses, but that isn't gonna get this girl back on track.

The good news is that the beginning is always hardest. Waking up tomorrow at 5 a.m. tomorrow to work out is probably going to be a little sad, but it must be done. I can't use the excuse of Tuesday night being date night with Jonathan anymore. If I can't work out Tuesday nights, I must work out Tuesday mornings. When Jonathan gets up for a bowl of ice cream before bed and asks if I want one, it will be a little hard to say no, but I can say no. I don't need a bowl of ice cream before bed.


No more excuses. No more french toast on Sunday mornings. No more eating out for lunch because I didn't plan anything.

I'm confessing all of this on my blog to help hold myself accountable. There's something about putting it "on paper" that makes me more motivated to stick with my plan. 

It felt great to be where I was at a few months ago. I was healthy, in great shape, I was happy and I had a ton of energy. I need to get back there before I really lose all the progress I made.

This starts now...as soon as I finish the bag of Skittles sitting on my desk.

I'm wondering...

How do you get yourself back on track when you fall off the wagon? Tell me what works for you!

9 comments:

  1. I have no advice for you because I live off the wagon. Oops! But I wish you good luck in this haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i love skittles. the only way i keep my self on the wagon is that i have to think of my treadmill time as my relax time. It's the only time of day where I am not at work or at home (kids, dinner, chores, etc) so i associate my time on the treadmill with quiet!

    its okay to take a break because if you push yourself too hard you will only end up hating it! at least thats what happens to me,lol! keep on truckin, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and reporting!
    Keep up the excellent works guys I've incorporated you guys to blogroll.

    Look at my web blog - Xtrasize Male Enhancement :: ::

    ReplyDelete