Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Surprises & Shenanigans

My weekend started off with the sweetest surprise from my husband. My heart has been hurting lately missing my older sister and her beautiful babies. They live in Buffalo and we rarely get to see them. I came home from work Friday and Jonathan pulled me into his office telling me he had something that would make me really happy. He handed me a folded sheet of paper with a note on the back that said, "Babe I love you so much. I can't wait to see your face when you open this."

I was already in tears before I saw what was inside, which happened to be two round trip tickets to Buffalo. In just three weeks, we'll be surrounded by my favorite kids on the planet and I absolutely cannot wait!

With that, I'd say our weekend started off on a fantastic note! After calling my sister to discuss how excited I was, we met up with some friends for Medieval Times. I know...what a random thing to do on a Friday night. One of the guys found a Groupon and we all thought it would be fun and it certainly was.


Saturday after cleaning the house, shopping and trying unsuccessfully to curl my own hair, I spent the evening with this lady.


Back in our single days, we used to go out all the time and as we spent the night joking about how we don't know how to go out anymore, we accidentally ordered a weird amount of food at dinner proving this point. Let's just say we met up with Jonathan and his buddies after dinner and were able to bring them an entire entree and appetizer to snack on. All in all, we had a blast and I'm proud to say we stayed out until almost 2 a.m.!

Our Sunday was spent at a family pool party and after a beautiful day of swimming and losing at beer pong, we headed home early for a relaxing night which meant Jonathan fell asleep at 7 and I stayed up watching a Revenge marathon.

Luckily it's a short week and we're already making plans for the long weekend!

11 comments:

  1. What an awesome hubby!!!! Can't wait to see all the excitement of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet surprise! So fun.

    ReplyDelete