Thursday, June 12, 2014

Because Life is a Special Occasion

Last night had the potential to be so productive. I always have so much I want to accomplish in the evenings when I get home from work and quite often, I ditch those plans pretty quick to relax with Jonathan. Last night was one of those nights. After sitting down for one of our favorite dinners as of late, spaghetti squash with turkey pesto meatballs, Jonathan pulled a bottle of champagne out of the fridge and suddenly my plans to be productive were long gone.

We rarely drink champagne and hardly ever keep it in the house, but we happened to have a few bottles leftover from Easter brunch. Jonathan made a comment about how he'd normally want to save it for a special occasion, which obviously prompted me to pull up the following quote on my phone:


































We popped open a bottle (or two), settled in for a few episodes of Orange is the New Black and clinked glasses no less than 6 times because when I'm drinking champagne, I can't hep but cheers to anything and everything. It was quite the celebration, let me tell you. Nights like this are my favorite nights. It was just an ordinary Wednesday evening and because we decided to do what we wanted to do rather than what we needed to do, it turned into something special. It's just another reminder that we shouldn't wait for the right moment or a special occasion to wear something, do something or drink something. Our life is a freaking special occasion and there are always so many reasons to celebrate, so why wait?



Cheers to marriage, living in the moment and waking up hangover-free and making it to the gym at 5 a.m. It truly is a Christmas miracle that I don't have a pounding headache right meow. 

28 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Props to you for getting to the gym at 5am after a night of drinking! I would never be able to do that!

    Hannah
    http://polkadotsandpalindromes.blogspot.com
    hannah.thiesfeldt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten better and enjoying things just because and not waiting for a special occasion but I still need improvement. Jamal and I always clink our glasses when we drink anything alcoholic, it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was a great night. And then you made it to the gym at 5am the next morning? Awesome! I'm not sure that I would have been able to get that done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome and sounds like the best way to spend the night! Maybe I need to stock some champagne in the fridge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that quote! Life itself really is a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. by: toko alat sex termurah
    Hello sir, after I read the article you get to the bottom, It is very interesting to look at, it can provide benefits, and also the lessons, I really like it.
    so that I can remember with this master page and be back here, I leave a trail so that I could track my trail I have ever visit
    alat bantu sex pria
    alat bantu sex wanita
    I apologize if I trace unfavorable.

    ReplyDelete