Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Accomplishments

It's not often (lately) that I can honestly say it was a productive weekend. We've had plenty of super fun weekends and this one was fun too..just more of a productive fun than a drink too much and watch too much television kind of fun. 

one. Baking. I finally found a good recipe for jumbo blueberry muffins. I can make a regular blueberry muffin without a problem, but every recipe I've tried for jumbo, bakery-sized muffins don't come out like I want them too. I also baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for no reason other than the fact that I was in the mood to bake. Surprisingly, I have no photos to prove all this activity.

two. I made it to the grocery store before 9 a.m. on Sunday. This is my dream every week, but it rarely happens. I love getting there and getting my shopping done before I would normally be out of bed on Sunday. Not having to wait in line at the deli makes me feel like I'm really rocking at life. 

three. We biked 14 miles yesterday. I was in the mood for a long bike ride and since we've gotten my bicycle, we really haven't ridden more than a few miles. Less than a mile in we got sidetracked and stopped for a beer...okay, a few beers but eventually we were on our way again. We made a few other stops along the way and treated ourselves to Italian ice as we made our way back home. It felt good to spend most of the afternoon outside being active.


four. I took on the ambitious task of prepping our meals for the week last night. I've prepped meals and snacks for the week here and there before, but nothing like this. After a few hours in the kitchen, we have breakfast and several lunches, dinners and snacks all ready to go. Honestly, the whole process didn't take as long as I expected and Jonathan helped with some of the prep work. It's going to be real nice having everything ready for us so we can take time out each night for exercise without feeling like we have to choose between cooking a good dinner or working out. 

We managed to spend time with friends in the midst of all this, which made this a pretty perfect weekend in my book. I was sad to see it come to an end! 

Hope your weekend was a happy one! 

9 comments:

  1. I'm always so happy when I take the time to meal prep!

    ReplyDelete