Monday, June 2, 2014

Duck Farts Taste as Bad as They Sound & Other Weekend Happenings

Hello and happy Monday! I'm gonna keep it short and sweet today, but I want to fill you in on our weekend fun!

On Saturday evening, we met up with my parents who were staying at one of the Disney resorts for the weekend. We booked a room at the resort so we could have a good time without worrying about the 45 minute drive home from Disney. We went out on the town for dinner and drinks...lots of drinks. My dad is on an Irish Car Bomb kick lately and while everyone else proceeded to do several of those, my mom and I just knew that wouldn't end well for us. Instead, we were convinced to try a Duck Fart, a shot made up of Crown and Kahlua. For the record, this tasted as awful as it sounds. We moved on to Lemon Drops which are always a good choice. Lemon Drop Em'!

 It was a fun night. Sunday morning we found a spot by the pool and relaxed for a few hours before heading home for a family BBQ. Having my parents in town for the night was such a treat and I loved having some uninterrupted time with them!

After spending a few hours at Jonathan's uncle's house for a BBQ, we went to pick up the newest addition to our family! We haven't quite decided on a name for her yet, but we are super excited!

It's so strange, actually, because I am not a cat person at all. I have always disliked cats for the most part and that hasn't really changed. I can't explain it, but when we first saw this one a few weeks ago, I fell in love! They weren't doing adoptions that day, so we left and that was that. I surprised myself by planning to back and see her again on a Saturday when they were doing adoptions so I could get more information and a few weeks went by before I could make it back there, but this past weekend, I did. I sent Jonathan this picture telling him I was in love and wanted to take her home.


He loved the idea and we talked a lot about it that night before going back to see her on Sunday. Needless to say, Jonathan was totally on board after hanging out with her for a few minutes and we decided to go for it!

I'm not going to get ahead of myself and call myself a "cat person" or anything crazy like that, but I seriously never thought I'd be the one telling my husband I want to adopt a cat and there we were yesterday, adopting a cat.

Now, we just need to decide on a name for this sweetheart. Only we would have our future children's names picked out but not be able to choose one for our pet. If you have suggestions, please share!

7 comments: