Monday, April 14, 2014

Corn Hole, Crab Cakes & Cherry Blossoms

Happy Monday! We had an absolute blast in Maryland over the weekend. We went up for one of Jonathan's good friends' wedding reception. They had a private ceremony with just family and invited everyone to a casual barbecue reception. The weather was gorgeous and we spent the weekend with such a fun group.

It was perfect. So perfect that I don't even know how to tell you about it without just inundating you with the photographic proof. So here you go :)

This was the view from our hotel room.We got in super late Friday night and went right to bed. I was ecstatic to see this view when I opened the curtains on Saturday morning and saw this.

Benefits of a casual wedding reception absolutely include wearing flip flops and playing outside and I certainly didn't hate it.


Our men all told us "it's casual...just wear jeans," but I'm glad us ladies all decided we just don't operate that way. Casual dresses were a great choice.












On Sunday, Jonathan and I made the hour drive to D.C. just so we could see the cherry blossoms. Neither of us had been before and we didn't have nearly enough time to see everything, but we made it by the White House and wandered around a bit before heading to the airport.






 Jonathan has been working like crazy and life has been hectic so I couldn't have asked for a better weekend away with him. It made my heart so happy to see him relaxed and taking a break from work. On this Monday morning, I'm left feeling thankful for the good friends in our lives and this current season of our lives. We are so absolutely blessed and I am constantly reminded of that.

This week is all about prepping for the big Easter brunch we're hosting. I have lots of crafting, cleaning and baking to do and I can't wait to see how everything comes together on Sunday.

How was your weekend?

12 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun wedding. So cool that you were able to go into DC and see some of the cherry blossoms, I would like to do that one day.

    ReplyDelete