Friday, April 18, 2014

A Few Things on this Good Friday

Happy Good Friday! I have been looking forward to this weekend so much I can't believe it's finally here. On Sunday, we're having 20+ family and friends gather in our home to celebrate Easter. We've been prepping for this brunch for weeks and I'm absolutely thrilled to be hosting such a special holiday in our home. Jonathan and I were talking about the weather forecast for the weekend and how we're supposed to get rain most of the weekend, but that it's supposed to clear up in time for Sunday, to which my husband said something along the lines of, "of course the weather will be nice; it's the resurrection...the weather is always perfect for the resurrection." Have I mentioned lately how much I love this man's soul?

I'm pretty anxious to get this weekend started, so let me share a few things and soon enough I'll be home baking some adorable Easter cupcakes.

A Few Words of Wisdom on my Mind
 photo dca864042e1a6350f5defd788b08c446_zps0c56d059.jpg

A Few Thoughts from this Week
  • I'm still eating very low-carb and I'm thrilled to say I'm already down a few pounds. It's crazy how hard it is at first but how quickly you adjust to new habits. I'm loving it.
  • With that being said, I'll be pushing pause on this whole thing for Sunday. Our brunch menu is shaping up to be too delicious for me to miss out on all the goodness. Cadbury mini eggs will be enjoyed and it will be well worth it. Then Monday, I'll be back at it.
  • Speaking of food, over the past 6 months or so, I've turned my baking hobby into a bit of small business on the side and within the last week, I finally came up with a name for the little thing of mine....what do you all think of this?
 photo 83781e6d-0584-4fc2-9057-8979daa310b1_zpsb6887be8.jpg
  • It's just a fun little thing for me to do on the side for now, but I wanted to at least have a name for it and I'm in the process of creating a small flyer to send with any orders I get to spread the word. Fun stuff!

A Few Links Worth Reading

A Few Things I'm Super Excited About
  • Giving our niece and nephew the Easter baskets we put together for them
  • Baking vanilla cupcakes with  Nutella buttercream frosting tonight
  • Joining our families together to celebrate on Sunday
  • Relaxing with my main man later tonight
  • Cleaning our house tomorrow (I know this isn't exciting to most, but we've been busy and it's way out of hand. Can't wait to get control over the chaos!
  • Our present...our future...this amazing life

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! 

4 comments: