Friday, April 4, 2014

A Few Things on Friday

I'm not even going to lie...I'm glad to see this week come to an end. I haven't felt great all week and we have what's going to be an amaaaaazing weekend coming up. I'd like to start doing a weekly round-up sort of post on Fridays and I'm gonna go ahead and tell you right now that the format is inspired by one of my very favorite bloggers, Lisa from Two Martinis. I've always enjoyed her weekly posts, which follow a somewhat similar format. It's my new way of pulling together my thoughts and things I want to share with you each week.

A Few Words of Wisdom on my Mind


A Few Thoughts from this Week
  • Not that it's a new news or anything, but it's been bothering me this week how judgmental we've become as a society. I couldn't stop thinking about it after reading this article about how SELF Magazine published an article making fun of a cancer survivor for running in the LA marathon wearing a tutu. The article was criticizing the tutu trend in general, but included a photo of the woman, which she gave them permission to use not realizing how she would be portrayed. Who cares what someone else chooses to wear when they run? It isn't our place to judge that or anything other choice others make. We need to stop judging and criticizing others for choices they make, big or small that have absolutely zero impact on us.
  • In the Starbucks drive-through earlier this week, I remembered I wanted to start getting back in the habit of Random Acts of Kindness, so I told the friendly drive-through employee I'd like to pay for the car behind me and he got super excited. He then told me that the previous day, someone did it and 88 cars in a row continued to pay for the car behind them. How cool is that? 

A Few Links Worth Reading

A Few Things I'm Excited About
  • Tonight my handsome husband is DJing a Great Gatsby themed party and for once in my life, I planned ahead and rented an outfit that is going to be just perfect. From what I've heard, the music is going to be awesome and I can't wait to see everyone dressed up!
  • Saturday morning we're heading to Naples to celebrate my cousin's wedding. I grew up in Florida, but have never been to Naples and I'm pretty darn excited for a few days away at the beach.
  • It's still a few weeks away and I'm sure it's going to be here before we are really prepared, but I absolutely can't wait to host everyone at our house for Easter brunch. 

What's on your mind this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment