Tuesday, May 24, 2016

31 Weeks



We're 9 weeks from our due date! 9 weeks. It's hard to believe our weekly countdown is in the single digits but here we are! Weeks 28 and 29 were pretty rough with baby Emma nestled in a cozy spot that happened to put major pressure on my sciatic nerve. I could hardly walk without being in immense pain and on top of that, I felt like my emotions were completely out of control. Needless to say I'm incredibly thankful at least the sciatic pain has subsided completely!

How far along: 31 weeks 

Baby is the size of a: broccoli stalk - about 3.3 lbs!

Gender: girl

Due date: July 26, 2016

Name: Emma Joy

Symptoms: I am tired. So tired. I'm sleeping pretty well aside from waking up a few times a night to change positions so I'm thankful for that but by the time I get home from work everyday, I feel completely pathetic. With so much I want to do, I'm realizing I need to just give in sometimes and call it a day...even if it means I don't make dinner or do any of the things I wanted to do. Aside from heartburn coming and going multiple times a day and some back pain, I feel pretty good!

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Best moment this week: Our baby shower this past Saturday! My sisters and sweet momma put together the most perfect day to celebrate baby Emma and I'm so so grateful. They put so much thought into every detail and worked so hard to plan the perfect celebration. I felt so loved and completely spoiled by everyone involved and if possible, I'm even more excited for Emma's arrival!

Looking forward to: Finishing the nursery and purchasing the rest of the items we need for baby. We were gifted with so many of our most-needed items and baby essentials at the shower, which is a huge help but I'm looking forward to going out with Jonathan to get anything else that's left. We're also doing our hospital tour and preparation for birth class on June 12!

I still need to share a short recap of our weekend away a few weeks ago and I will, of course, be sharing more details from the shower, but I wanted to pop in for a 31 week update since we're getting down to the final countdown here. Reality is really starting to set in that we are going to parents in just a few weeks. We can't wait to meet our baby girl!

5 comments: