Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend Snapshots


By the time Friday came, I was itching to get the weekend started already. I felt completely exhausted and craving some quality time with my man. I kicked things off with a nap on the hammock during my lunch break because I was absolutely struggling to make it through the workday.


I had no intention of going anywhere that evening, but Jonathan wanted to try a new restaurant up the street so we enjoyed a nice unplanned date night and attempted to watch a movie when we got home. I'm pretty sure we weren't five minutes into the movie when we were both falling asleep so we called it a night and were snoozing by 10:30 PM. No complaints here.

Saturday we had plans to host our friends for dinner so I was up early prepping food and cleaning the house so I wasn't rushing to get everything done later in the day. I had these snickerdoodle blondies in the oven by 7:30 a.m. and proceeded to prep just about everything for dinner, clean the house, give Abby a bath and spend a few hours writing at Starbucks before our friends showed up that evening. I may have overdone it because I was completely exhausted and emotional by the end of the day but we had a great night with friends and I'm so thankful for that.


After such a productive and busy Saturday, my Sunday started pretty slowly. I woke up when Jonathan left for work at 7 long enough to toast a bagel and pack a lunch for him and it was back to bed for me until 9 or so. It felt good to wake up a few times and doze off again just a few minutes later in no rush to get up and do anything in particular. This girl was totally on board with our lazy morning. 


My baby sister got engaged a few weeks ago and wanted to kick off her wedding planning fun by going to a bridal show on Sunday. I am over-the-moon excited for her and obviously said yes when she invited me to join her. We thoroughly enjoyed the cake samples and free goodies and spent the afternoon talking about all things wedding. I just loved spending my whole Sunday with this girl. Isn't she cute?


Speaking of weddings, I get a whole lot of joy out of putting together gift baskets and goodies so naturally, when my sister got engaged I ran out and started gathering a few items for her. I could easily get carried away so I tried to keep it simple with a bottle of champagne, some wedding magazines, jewelry cleaner, thank you cards, nail polish, ring holder and I painted this gold B for her soon-to-be new last name. She's been working on a gallery wall in their house and I thought this would be the perfect addition. Also, this basket is from World Market and I almost wanted to buy one for our house it's so adorable.


I hope your weekend was fantastic! I can't believe it's already May. Holy cow!

9 comments: