Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: The Ceremony

Hello and happy Wednesday! I thought I'd switch things up with a Wedding Wednesday post today seeing my last wedding post was about 2 months ago. Oops! The thing is, I really want to share the rest of our day with you all, so I'm back! I think we left off after our family and bridal party photos, so today I'm sharing a few shots from our ceremony. 




My brother walking my beautiful momma down the aisle



I still can't get over how awesome Dean (Jonathan's nephew) did as our ring bearer. He carried this adorable sign and made it all the way down the aisle. We weren't sure what to expect and he did so great! There's my niece and our flower girl, Alyssa speeding down the aisle. She took her job very seriously ;) 


If I remember correctly, It felt as if we sped down the aisle. Sure, it didn't make for great photos of the bridal party walking down or opportunities for many photos of my dad and I walking down, but it was coooold, I was nervous and honestly, I had a hunk waiting for me at the other end. Why not rush down the aisle?

That smile on my dad's face! There are no words.


One of the first decisions we made was to write our own vows and I'm so glad we did. It goes without saying that exchanging our vows was my absolute favorite part of the day. Jonathan's vows were so well written and beautifully spoken and mine, well at the least they were perfectly written. The delivery on the other hand? Despite practicing so many times, my emotions got the best of me on our day and while I think you could still understand what I was saying and I made it through them (and it could have been worse), I was hoping to avoid being such a blubbering mess up there.







My new husband and I with our bridal party before heading inside for the reception!

Every moment of our ceremony was perfect. We wanted it to be simple and a reflection of our personalities and relationship. I truly think we achieved that and it was everything we'd hoped for.

All photos by the lovely Lora Rodgers Photography.
Linking up for Wedding Wednesday. 

12 comments:

  1. I love those colors you chose. The navy and yellow are totally gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like we ran down the isle too! I'm not sure there is one photo of my dad and i both looking in the same direction at the same time. Kudos to writing your own vows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This venue is a true gem- it was intimate (we had 100 guests) and has a lot of character, which allowed us not to have to invest in extra lighting or decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could also explore more features mihanblog.com/ via setting up 4G liker APK Official Website for the link below. After installing the 4Liker Download & Install On iPad, Android & PC APK documents, adhere to 4Liker App onscreen actions to complete the process. 4Liker 4G Liker APK is complementary to customer on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what attributes you want. You absolutely can not fail medium.com/ with the Hill Buggy Terrain baby stroller Read my thorough review of this baby Title stroller or examine it out its most current cost below. If you're looking for a double running baby stroller,10 Best Jogging Strollers | May 2017 head on over to my overview of choosing.

    ReplyDelete