Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Telling Self Doubt to Get Out

Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm taking the week off from Wedding Wednesday mostly because I opted to drink wine and proceeded to take 3 hours to cook dinner last night, which left no time for me to choose which photos from our reception I wanted to share. It works out because I have a bit of exciting news and not a whole lot of time to write about it.

I got a bit of a promotion at my new job! I started working here at the end of February and since then I've been in more of a support/administrative role than I was expecting. I was approached a few weeks ago about another opportunity with the company as they were thinking about hiring from outside and instead, wanted to see if I would be interested. As of this week, I'm officially our Business Development Coordinator and I'm pretty psyched. It's a lot more responsibility and much better fit for my experience so things couldn't have worked out better. 

I guess you could say yesterday was my first official day in my new role and I went home feeling less than thrilled ...and for no particular reason. I'll admit that while I'm really excited about this opportunity, I'm a little intimidated and a lot overwhelmed. Instead of letting the intimidation empower me to dive in and do my thing, I let self doubt rush over me and take control. 


The thing is, when I calm down and really think about it, I know I can totally do this. I can totally handle the pressure and responsibility that come with this role. What I don't know, I will learn and I have a network of people that will help me figure it out. 

I got this. 

So why is my first instinct to start doubting myself? Because change is always a little bit scary? Because I don't want to fail? Because I am too hard on myself at times? Probably all of the above. But I want to be the confident woman who takes on challenges without thinking twice, who has faith in herself and who doesn't let her thoughts get the best of her. 

It's amazing what a difference a day makes. Here I am on day #2 of my new role and today, I have a new perspective. I feel like I am rocking it. I'm energized and motivated. I'm still a little intimidated and a lot overwhelmed, but I am in control of how I deal with that. With the amount of work I have, I'm just diving in and figuring it out as I go. I'm not allowing myself to take the time for self doubt because I am too busy just doing what I have to do. 

I need to make this my default from here on out because asking myself, "Can I do this?" is just taking time away from when I could just be saying, "I got this."

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is so exciting! I feel ya on the self doubt. in July I will finally have my bachelors degree and yet I am so scared to find a big girl job. I keep thinking that I won't be qualified or something. I just keep telling myself that it will work out and wherever I get hired they obviously wouldn't take me if I am not ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cada uno de ustedes, mucho de mucho de este Qb, pronunció apresuradamente en el tiempo. Puse hola camisetas baratas a disposición expresa esta información financiera para obtener diversión con un soporte aceptable y también tener Mich en algún aspecto negativo. Iowa es considerado como el próximo y estoy contento de que c se haya prometido debido a esta causa, ¡parezca año tras otro más luchando! Termina marrón, los boston celtics probablemente estarían rompiendo absurdamente en camiseta real madrid ese camisetas de futbol comprar momento y además Maillot Equipe De France Foot Pas Cher sin tener Kevin Garnett Leon Powe. Houston con Colorado podría haber advertido a los Camisetas De Futbol Baratas Lakers, todavía encuentro una cuerda irritada. Desde los Bulls, a través de lo aprendido en los últimos días, no estoy advirtiendo a Mary Gordon.

    ReplyDelete