Monday, May 19, 2014

Recap: Random Acts of Kindness for my 28th Birthday

Happy Monday! I can't say I'm thrilled to see the weekend come to an end, but alas, here we are so we should just go ahead and make the best of it.

As promised, I want to recap my birthday week challenge of performing 28 Random Acts of Kindness today. I'm a little disappointed to say that while I'm really happy with what I did do, I didn't even make it close to reaching my goal. I'm going to focus on the positive though, and share with you the few things I did throughout the week:

1. Used a gift card to buy a coffee at Starbucks and gave it to the person behind me in line
2. Donated my old glasses at Lenscrafters when I picked up my new pair
3. Made an extra effort to compliment coworkers
4. Donated $1 to the American Cancer Society at Walgreens
5. Spent time commenting on blog posts I normally wouldn't take the time to comment on. Everyone loves blog comments!
6. After doing some shopping, I taped a $10 gift card to a cart at Target to help with someone's shopping
7. Baked a batch of Snickerdoodle cookies and delivered them to the local police station with a note thanking the officers for what they do


While I didn't make it anywhere near my goal of 28 RAKs this week, I'm still feeling pretty satisfied! These few simple acts felt really good and it reminded me how much more satisfied I am when I am making a conscious effort to bring joy to others. I may not have made it to 28 in a week, but I'm feeling more motivated than ever to seek out opportunities for RAKs on a daily basis.

I know it would take a lot more than a few simple things like this to change the world, but knowing I can spread joy through a simple act of kindness makes me feel better about what I'm putting out into the world. I may not have reached my goal for the week, but I'm certainly going to make an effort to keep this up!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on what you did do! It's really the simple things that help! I'm at an airport right now and there was a group of tourists that were taking pictures so I offered to take one of all the of them together - RAK! :) Thanks for being inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. I love the idea of bringing the cops cookies. I'd bring mine to the firehouse so I could also have some eye candy hahaha

    ReplyDelete