Friday, May 9, 2014

A Few Things about my Momma

Hello and happy Friday! I'm full of energy this morning and it feels really good. It could have something to do with the fact that I rocked in the diet department this week and just discovered I fit into 3 pairs of shorts comfortably again. I also proceeded to pack all of them for our trip to St. Augustine this weekend (along with several other wardrobe options) which is quite unnecessary for a 2 day trip but I just couldn't help myself. Someday I will pack lightly for a weekend trip. That day is not today. Have I mentioned how excited I am to be going away for the weekend with that adorable husband of mine? Because I am. 

I'm also pretty psyched about turning 28 and celebrating my birthday with friends on Monday night. I didn't want to make a big ordeal out of my birthday, but I'm glad we ended up planning a casual dinner out with friends and family.

I'm loving what Jonathan helped me come up with for my annual blog birthday list and can't wait to share it with you all on Monday. Let's just say I'll be quite the busy bee all week long! You should go ahead and check out my blog birthday lists for birthdays 25, 26 and 27 if you're new here!

Anyway, in honor of Mother's Day, today's few things are all about this lovely lady right here -

Photo by Billy Goble


I love how just this morning, she called me while we were both on our way to work. She does this sometimes and it is always makes my day. Our morning chats are usually short, but they stick with me all day long. 

I love that her and I are alike in nearly every way and I'm so grateful for our shared love of books, sunshine and rainbows, baking and Ann Taylor LOFT. 

I love how she understands why I'm crying when I make a toast at the dinner table, or when I have a lot on my mind or when I'm crying for no real reason at all. She understands because she cries a lot, too. We both feel and embrace our emotions to the max and we just get that about each other.

I love her for her patience and for reminding me, her very impatient daughter to breathe, relax and be patient when I am anxious or feeling like things aren't going my way.

I love her for giving me four lifelong best friends. Not only did she bring these wonderful people into the world, but she taught us to be loving, supportive and understanding toward each other. 


I love her guidance and support, her advice and how she is always cheering for me. If I'm excited about something, she is excited and I can always count on her cheering with me and for me. 

I love her for setting such an example of how to be a good wife and mother.

I love that she chooses joy every day, that she has a grateful heart and I love her for her faith in God.

I love her for being such a wonderful mother and friend to me always.

I love knowing that soon enough, she'll become a Nana to our children and they'll be so lucky to have her as theirs. 

I love that I could go on and on about this super star mother of mine, but I'll leave it a these few things today. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

3 comments: