Monday, October 7, 2013

What's making me oh-so happy lately


The last few weeks have been so wonderful. I feel a sense of peace and calmness I honestly can't put into words. There are a few specific things really adding to the joy lately, though. Things that are making me super duper happy these days:

{one} cooking dinner
I've been on a roll lately with my cooking attempts. I'm happy to say I've successfully made the following recipes in the last few weeks, not to mention the fact that I've also made chicken cordon bleu and chicken Parmesan without using recipes. The best part is, I'm really enjoying it! Who am I?

Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie 
Skinny Chicken Pesto Bake
Vidalia Pot Roast
 
(two) waking up with early with Jonathan so we can have breakfast together
This is such a simple thing, but it makes a big difference in my day. Jonathan typically leaves for work before I even get up. This means I'm usually rushing to get ready and don't get to spend any quality time with him before our day. We've started getting up together so we can cook and eat breakfast together and it's been so wonderful.

{three} barre fitness classes
Okay, this is a love/hate kinda thing, but I started taking barre classes once a week at the beginning of September and I'm actually liking it. If you haven't heard of barre before, it's an exercise method using the ballet bar. It's basically a combination of ballet, yoga, pilates and is based on small movements meant to lengthen and tone your body. If you're interested in learning more, I'd read up on it here. While you don't have to have been a dancer to take these classes, I'm sure it's a lot easier. I'm not very flexible, so while the workouts are really challenging for me, they are still super beneficial. I don't know, something about doing squats on your tip toes until your legs start to shake really does something for your behind. Anyway, it's a love/hate relationship...hate mostly because it's pretty expensive and I get really frustrated in class when I can't touch my toes as easily as everyone else seems to. Love, because it's something different compared to my typical gym visit and I can see the benefits after only taking a few classes.

{four} getting RSVP cards in the mail
We mailed our wedding invitations just a week ago and the RSVP cards have already started coming in. It's exciting because it means we are getting so close to the big day. I've been loving going through the mail every night which is nice because mail is usually not the most exciting thing as an adult. 

{five} counting down to Thanksgiving weekend
First of all, Thanksgiving is absolutely my favorite holiday. What could possibly make it better? One, the fact that my older sister, my niece and my nephew will be here for Thanksgiving this year. My sister hasn't been home for Thanksgiving in 7 years so I cannot wait to celebrate with them. Two, the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend is also my bridal shower and bachelorette party. I'm so excited to celebrate with the ladies I love. I honestly just can't wait to this weekend to get here!

What's making you happy lately?

3 comments:

  1. I love all these things and they're making me happy for you! How exciting that you're getting the RSVPs back for your wedding! We didn't have any RSVP (we told people too but no one did) because it was only family, and so well, we just assumed they were coming :)

    ReplyDelete