Monday, October 14, 2013

Our Weekend in Photos

I'm going to keep it simple today. I'm having a hard time staying focused, so here's our weekend in photos:

Friday we got out of work early and headed to Daytona Beach for a wedding. The weather was absolutely perfect and it was nice to get out of town, even for a few hours.




We were up bright and early on Saturday to participate in the Armageddon Ambush mud run. I have to admit, I'm a bit out of shape so running 3 miles was a challenge in itself, but add obstacles and stinky, wet, squishy mud to that and I'm just glad I survived. Jonathan was by my side the whole time, even though I definitely slowing him down quite a bit. I was a pathetic mess most of the way, but he was encouraging and patient with me. Love him. I did at least attempt most of the obstacles and it really was a fun day. I may have injured my knee during the race and the heat gave me a major headache, so needless to say I was in bed by 7 p.m. that evening and it was glorious.


Sunday consisted of marriage class, laundry and baking. It was the relaxing day I needed after a stressful and busy week. I love the days I feel like baking even though I don't have a particular occasion to bake for. I'm in no rush, I can bake whatever I'm in the mood to bake and it's just the perfect way for me to relax. I was in the mood to bake my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and we may have ended up with about 80 cookies when all was said and done. You can bet I'll be bringing cookies to anyone and everyone this week!


How was your weekend?

Linking up for Weekend Shenanigans!

3 comments:

  1. Found you through the linkup!! Your weekend looked fun (and delish!) What is marriage class???(www.jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish we could have done the mud run! we kknow a few people that did it and it looks and sounds so fun! may be next year

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete