Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Baking: My 3 Favorite Recipes

We may not get much of a fall season in Orlando. We don't get changing leaves and chilly days. We hope for even just a few cooler days so we can break out our boots, scarves and long sleeves. We may still be wearing sundresses in October while the rest of the country gets cozy, but that doesn't stop me from absolutely loving this time of year, especially the recipes.

Every year I seem to find a new fall recipe or two that I absolutely love and this year is no different. I've been baking up a storm lately and I'm loving every minute. My favorite part of baking is sharing the goods with family and friends. All this baking and I've been able to bring treats to family gatherings and dinners with friends, not to mention Jonathan who always has some delicious baked goods to snack on at home.

Today I'd like to share a few of my favorite fall treats in case you're looking for some new ones to try this season. I can't take credit for coming up with these recipes, but I'm giving you the link so you can try them out yourself.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
These might be one of my top 10 favorite cookie recipes ever. The smell of Snickerdoodles in the oven is absolute heaven, never mind the pumpkin spice and white chocolate chips for this recipe. These were a huge hit in our house. My only advice is to make them and give them away before you end up eating the whole batch yourself. You've gotta make these...so good!


Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
I hate to say I've haven't had the chance to make these yet this this year, but I'm sure an opportunity will come up soon! I did make these last year and they were so delicious. I loved the hint of cinnamon flavor in the cream cheese frosting...absolutely perfect. The actual cupcake was super moist and I can still remember the smell of these baking. I can't wait to make these again as they were a huge hit last year with friends and family!


Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
I'm warning you ahead of time: this bread is dangerous. Cream cheese, pumpkin, mini chocolate chips and a streusel topping...it's too good to be true. But it is true. What's also true is the fact that I've made 4 of these in the past week. No, I have not eaten them all (although it was tempting). The recipe makes enough batter for  2 loaves. The first time around, I made one to keep at home for Jonathan and one for his mom. I loved this recipe so much, I needed an excuse to make it again. Yesterday we were invited to a family dinner at Jonathan's uncle's house, so it was the perfect reason to run out for more ingredients. We brought one to dinner and it was a huge hit and of course, we kept one at home for my sweet fiance' to enjoy. I will absolutely be making this again next Fall.


I don't know about you, but I'm craving something sweet right about now. I hope you enjoy making (and enjoying) these treats as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. do you have the recipe for the cupcakes ???

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever Sneaker Con hits Chicago, there’s an extra bit of magic that fills the air. After all, new jordans the sneaker event, filled with Air Jordans from wall to wall, is all about celebrating the legacy of the greatest basketball Jordan 11 Concord player of all-time. This Saturday, as Sneaker Con gears up for yet another historic show, Michael Jordan’s legacy (or at least new jordan shoes part of it) will be celebrated as the historic “Flu Game” will be shown in full during the day. For most Jordan 11 Retro 72 10 of the younger event-goers who don’t know the history of that performance, this Saturday is the day to experience and episode jordan 11 of jordan releases MJ’s greatness. Sneaker Con Chicago opens doors this Saturday at noon at the McCormick Place West.
    After bringing back Nike Air branding to the Air Jordan 1, the Jumpman took things a step further by transferring iconic Air Jordan 1 Retro jordans 2015 High OG colorways to the revamped Air Jordan 1 Retro Low. That meant that we got revisits of Bred and Royal jordans 2016 aesthetics, and now the Air Jordan 1 Retro Low “Shadow” will close out what was quietly the best year ever for jordan shoes the unheralded low-top AJ1. The muted tones of Black and Medium Grey are accented by a pre-vintaged Sail choice for the cheap jordans midsole while the Wings logo is moved to the heel for tradition’s sake. This Air Jordan 1 Low will drop December Jordan Retro 8 Concord 30th for $130. Will you be grabbing your size? Look out for this pair right now on eBay.

    ReplyDelete