Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oh, How Pinteresting

If you're anything like me, before Pinterest, you never knew there were so many uses for vinegar or that you can do so many different things with wine corks. You know the feeling of a good Pinterest find. Whether it's a new recipe, a hair tutorial or steps to tone your arms in 7 days, you get super psyched when you find it tell yourself, "I can't wait to try to this."

You keep pinning and pinning and eventually you realize you hardly ever follow through. Can anyone relate to this?

I sure can.

Since I started using Pinterest, I'd say the only pins I ever go back to try have been the dessert recipes. I bake a lot and really enjoy it, so I've been pretty good about going to my Pinterest board when I have an occasion to bake for or need a last minute recipe.

All of those dinner recipes, arm workouts, hair tutorials and other "good ideas" never get their time to shine. Don't get me wrong...I continue to pin this stuff, but that's about as far as it goes.

Over the last few weeks, I've tried to get better about actually putting some of the great ideas I pin into practice. I mean, honestly, just because I pin, "how to clean your glass cooktop with baking soda" doesn't mean my cooktop is going to clean itself. Even though I'm really bad at taking photos of my Pinterest projects (I'm going to try and get better about this), I thought I'd share some of my recent Pinterest projects/ideas and let you know how they worked.
  • When I'm stressed or not feeling myself, cleaning is one of my go-to activities. It distracts me, makes me feel like I'm in control of things and relaxes me somehow. Earlier this week, while cleaning the kitchen, I remembered pinning "How to clean your hard water stains off your fridge water dispenser tray." I always try to clean this and nothing has ever worked. I made a quick trip to the grocery store for white vinegar and 20 minutes later I was easily scrubbing the stains off. Of course, I didn't take a before or after picture, but this worked like a charm!
  • I'm desperately trying to pay off all the medical debt I've accumulated over the last few years. Kidney stones and hospital stays are not cheap, let me tell ya. Sometimes I feel like I am never going to climb out of this hole, but to help me feel like I have some control over this, I went ahead and made a bill binder to keep myself organized. I've seen so many different versions of this on Pinterest, so I kind of made my own to work for my needs, but this is the pin that I used to get a basic idea.

 
  • Since I've been trying to cook more lately, I've finally started trying some of the dozens of recipes I have pinned. Here are a few I've tried...they were all super easy and turned out great!
Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
zucchini bake
Bruschetta Chicken
Now that I'm finally cooking dinner on a regular basis, I'm so thankful for my Pinterest recipe board and I must say that Jonathan is loving it, too.
 
I'm on a roll lately, that's for sure. Who knows...maybe one day I'll be able to successfully follow one of the many hair tutorials I've pinned!
 
Linking up today for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday :)
 
 



5 comments: