Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Weekend Recap with a side of Ice Cream

Happy Tuesday!

I don't know what is with me but I can't stop thinking about ice cream. I had an ice cream sundae last night before heading to the gym...that was a big mistake. Now I'm sitting at my desk really wanting frozen yogurt or one of those cookie ice cream sandwiches. Why can't I have a celery obsession this week? Why does it have to be ice cream?

Anyway, I hope you all had a great weekend. We spent the weekend at Jonathan's house and after waking up for an early morning run, we threw an impromptu barbeque on Saturday. I can always count on my Pinterest board for a last minute recipe and whipped up these babies with plenty of time to spare before anyone showed up:

Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies
These were super easy to make and were a big hit! We had a blast playing horseshoes, day drinking and hanging around with Jonathan's friends and family. Unfortunately for me, day drinking makes for an early bedtime. We were in bed by 10:30 and I didn't mind it at all.

With no plans on Sunday, we stayed in bed until about noon. Normally I would feel a little guilty about this, but it was absolutely glorious. It feels like we always have plans or a reason to get up at a certain hour when we are together, so it was nice to just lay around together. By the time we finally got up, we were able to squeeze in some bowling and a few games of pool before I headed home.

I should probably add that my boyfriend who is in a bowling league and is so legit with his own bowling ball and whatnot learned that I do not bowl well. I think after the first game his score was somewhere in the 180s and mine was 35. Yep. I also managed to throw a bowling backward on one of my turns. Luckily, no one was injured and Jonathan got to see just how bad I really am at bowling.

With Jonathan and I living about 40 minutes apart, I love spending our weekends together. It's nice to have the uninterrupted time together without driving back and forth to see each other and I love waking up with him in the morning. It's been interesting to see our relationship evolve as we spend our weekends together. I actually want to write a separate post on it because it's all so new for me.

Anyway, I'm already counting down for this weekend. We're waking up early on Saturday to head to the Ocala National Forest to go camping. We'll be roughing it with some of Jonathan's friends and my roomie for the night. I'm not super outdoorsy, but I've been dying to go camping for a while. I absolutely can't wait!

Hope your week is off to a happy start!

5 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious! I love me some funfetti.

    ReplyDelete