Monday, May 6, 2013

Cuatro de Mayo

It feels great to say I'm not suffering from the slightest hangover today. Our Cinco de Mayo involved a trip to the flea market, an afternoon bike ride and tacos for dinner at Jonathan's parents' house. I was happily in bed by 9 p.m. while Jonathan played poker with the guys.

Our Cuatro de Mayo, however, was full of dancing, bubbles, tequila and beer bongs. Jonathan's friend threw a huge party and we had an absolute blast!

I made oh, about 4 dozen of these babies, Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were a huge hit. I'll admit to having one of these for breakfast on Saturday morning. They were that good. The recipe is super simple, too!

Reason #1,458 why my boyfriend is way cooler than me...he has all this super fancy DJ equipment so he was in charge of providing the music all day. This didn't stop me from visiting him at the DJ table every now and then to steal a kiss or two. This also didn't stop some other girl from hanging around him all day, but that is a story for later on. 

My sisters were there, too! I was so happy they came out and we had a blast dancing and drinking together all day long. 


Jonathan set up his bubble machine by the DJ booth which obviously made it my favorite spot of the day. Why are bubbles so exciting? I'll never understand but if you can't tell from the photo above, they make me so absolutely happy.

Oh, so that girl that wouldn't leave my handsome boyfriend alone all day? I'm really not the jealous type, but I couldn't help but notice that every time I looked over there, she was standing around the DJ table, either dancing or talking to Jonathan. I don't worry about him at all, but in my drunken state, I was a little annoyed by her. This led me to start requesting Jonathan play songs like "Move bitch" by Ludacris in the hopes she would take a hint. I know, so classy. 

Anyway, you can blame this behavior on the multiple margaritas, beers and my participation in this...
Bongzilla. It's as scary as it sounds.
It was another absolutely perfect weekend and I'm already counting down to the next one. My best friend Taryn will be in town just in time to celebrate my 27th birthday. My birthday is on Sunday, but we're hosting a big birthday BBQ at Jonathan's house on Saturday. I can't wait!

Finally linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!

9 comments:

  1. um not cool...girl hittin on yo dude. i wouldn't have had that, either. although i am a little jealous you're dating a dj..i dated a guy in college who dj'd and we always had so much fun with it. :)

    stopping by from the linkup
    mybagofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a fantastic weekend...other then some chick hitting on your man!
    stop by some time
    Http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good time! It is always better to celebrate on Saturdays too. Hungover Mondays are the worst. They make the week that much longer! I will have to try that recipe too. They look amazing!
    I found you form the linkup, if you have time would love if you stopped by mine!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete