Sunday, March 27, 2011

Movin' On Up


Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Me, I’m sitting on the deck of my parents’ house, enjoying the peace and quiet that is their house. They basically live in the middle of nowhere and by the end of this past week; I was itching for some time with my parents and a weekend away from it all. Things have been so hectic lately, but that is neither here nor there. Some big career news finally became official on Friday and I couldn’t be happier.

You all know one of my goals for this year was to find a job that I love. Basically since I started working as an assistant at my current job in 2008, I’ve been trying to find something else and haven’t been able to get past a first or second interview. I am reminded once again that everything really does happen for a reason and things always have a way of working out. On Friday, it was announced that my coworker and very dear friend has purchased the company I work for, thus promoting me from an executive assistant of sorts to manager of our agency. This means no more ordering make-up for my (former) boss, no more keeping her calendar, no more checking and answering her e-mails. Now, I get to work with clients…and lots of them. This means more responsibility, more money and more work…I can’t wait!
 
I found this quote by Conan O’Brien last week in the midst of all this: “If you work really hard and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.”

I’m sure you have all been there at some point too, but it can be so hard to rise above the rejection when you are looking for a new job. After hearing “we have chosen a more qualified candidate” so many times, it’s not easy to believe that it just wasn’t meant to be and that better things are still to come. Now, I’m so glad for those rejections. I’m so glad I kept working hard and doing my best at my job. All of my patience has finally paid off and I am absolutely thrilled! 

4 comments: