Monday, April 4, 2011

An Important Reminder (and an update, I guess)

I’m sorry I’m not giving many details of what is going on with The Red Sox Fan and I. Unfortunately, I have no clue what is happening, hence why I haven’t been able to put it into words. Things started out so great with us and I feel like all the good things have gotten lost somewhere in the mix. I feel like I keep waiting. Waiting for him to realize he wants to be with me, waiting for him to make an effort, waiting for him to be ready. I feel like I’m waiting for the person I met in January to come back.

On our first date, it felt like we were the only two people in the world talking for hours. On our second date, we had such a fun time, playing putt-putt, joking around with each other, talking nonstop. When we were sitting in my car at the end of that night, I remember feeling like I could have stayed there forever…just the two of us, sitting in my car, talking about country music and trying to get the courage to kiss each other goodnight. Even those first few nights where we just cooked dinner or watched a movie at his house, I had so much fun and felt so comfortable and happy.

I don’t know what to think. I’m confused, disappointed and at the same time, not really ready to let go yet. I’m also trying my very best to not let this get to me. If he just isn’t that into me, which he clearly isn’t, the most important thing is that I can’t let that get me down, which is why I am reminding myself and you all of this tonight:

Just because one person can't see your worth, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

 

3 comments:

  1. i JUST read that quote not even 10minutes ago on Bits of Truth and i love it! so true :)
    maybe he will come around and realize what he has, but if he doesn't you know your worth it and someone else WILL see it! it does suck waiting though...you don't want to hang on too long or let go too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately, men aren't always equipped to handle their feelings, especially if they realize they like someone. one of my good friends back in college (he was a player back then, now he's all changed for the better) was scared to death after he realizes he's really into a girl and then he sabotages it by playing the "game." now that he's grown, he thinks that he's wasted so much time pretending he doesn't like a girl.

    ReplyDelete