Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cheers!


Yesterday, I happily welcomed alcohol back into my life. My last day on the blood thinners was Monday, meaning an “official” end to the nightmare that started back in November. I couldn’t wait to drink again. After all, the last time I drank was Halloween. Four months is a long time to go without drinking when you are 24-years-old. I was mostly excited to celebrate my health, to be with good friends and family and toast to being healthy and the people who got me through the scariest time in my life.

Sure, the day before my celebration, I had gone to the doctor with a bad cough and cold symptoms. The doc told me I have an upper respiratory infection and put me on some meds. Was I going to let that ruin my plans? No way.

So last night, I enjoyed a few glasses of wine and appetizers at one of my favorite places, Urban Flats. My mom, who I will never be able to thank enough for how strong, caring and supportive she has been through the whole ordeal, was in town and I’m so glad she was able to be there. My always fun and always supportive big brother came too, along with my wonderful coworkers and a few of my girlfriends.

We all had so much fun. I got a little tipsy and enjoyed every last drop of wine I drank. I got to introduce The Red Sox Fan to my mom and they hit it off.  The night was full of laughs and great conversation. I giggled a lot and felt happy and giddy. It was perfect.


1 comment: