Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tucker Tale #2

I haven’t posted one of these in a while, but I just have to brag about my wonderful father. I have a great relationship with both of my parents and at this point in my life, think of them as my very good friends. It’s good to know that in the midst of all the fun I have with them and on top of being able to joke around with them, I can always look to them for support and guidance no matter what situation I’m in. I’ve always gone to my dad for career advice, knowing I can count on him to give me real-life, practical advice and help me sort things out when I need to make a decision.

I don’t want to get too much into detail, but last week I had my third interview for a job opportunity I’ve been looking into. I’d already been through a 15-minute phone interview; a two-hour face-to-face interview with two members of the team and this was the final step in the process. I felt pretty confident about my interview skills, but I was meeting two new people that day and taking writing and editing tests to showcase my skills. After prepping for the interview all week, I got into my car to drive there and started panicking about every detail. I called my dad, who managed to say all the right things to calm me down. He reminded me that I wouldn’t be at this stage in the process if I wasn’t qualified, gave me advice on how to respond to some of the questions they might ask and reassured me that I would do great.

I haven’t gotten word whether or not I got the position, but I know that I went in there with confidence, enthusiasm and the support of some amazing people in my life. Lucky me.  

1 comment:

  1. that's a long process but i'm sure you rocked it!! good luck, hope ya hear something soon :)

    ReplyDelete