Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Snapshots

Happy Monday, friends! I can't thank you enough for joining in my excitement over the new blog design! Sharing my makeover on Friday certainly kicked the weekend off on a happy note over here, that's for sure.

I mentioned Friday I was looking forward to a romantic date night at home with my hubby, so I spent the day working on some blog stuff, running errands and getting a workout in at the gym. 


I couldn't resist taking a quick break before starting dinner. I caught a glance at that hammock out back again and next thing you know, I found myself swaying away soaking in the beautiful afternoon sunshine. 


I picked up these happy blooms while I was out and about and then I made myself a vodka tonic and when my drink smiled at me, I had one of those moments I know will make most of you roll your eyes and I felt like I was living a dream as I started to prep dinner and dessert for my hunk of a husband.


I didn't get any blog-worthy photos of our meal, but I made chicken cordon bleu and roasted asparagus topped with bacon and feta cheese. For dessert, I threw together some chocolate covered strawberries and we sat out back and ate and drank and talked for hours and only quit when we realized we'd gone through a bottle of wine and wanted to move over to the hammock. Dessert and champagne and a few episodes of Friends followed and if you ask my idea of a perfect date night, that would be it in a nutshell.


Jonathan had to work the rest of the weekend, so I used it as an opportunity to go hang with my parents for the night. I had big dreams of getting up super early and going to the gym before hitting the road, but you won't be shocked to hear I had a bit of a hangover after all the wine and whatnot from the night before. The best I could do was knock out a quick workout at home but hey, I wouldn't have even done that much a few months ago so yay for progress!


I hadn't had one-on-one time with my parents in quite a while. We spent Saturday evening enjoying drinks and food and lots of chatting. Sadly, I took zero photos until the next day before our group workout at the gym. Do I love this photo of me? No. Do I love that I got my dad to stop speed walking into the gym long enough to put up with my need for a group selfie? YES. 


That's a wrap! I'm already anxiously awaiting Friday - we're heading to the beach with friends for a few days. Living as close to the beach as we do, you'd be surprised how rarely we go so I am pretty psyched. 

How was your weekend?

1 comment: