Friday, April 24, 2015

New Blog Design (Yay!) and a Few Other Things on Friday


Oh hey there. It’s been quiet around here this week, I know. I’ve been a little distracted and I have been working on a few posts for next week -- but in the meantime, Sarah has been working on this amazing new blog design for me and I’m so excited about it!

If you visit here often, you know what this space looked like before and oh my goodness is this a huge improvement or what?!?

Guys, really. I’ve been blogging for almost 5 years and I finally decided it was time to ask someone who knows what they’re doing to design my space here. I’ve been using what little design skills I have and just making the best of it but I’m so glad I finally asked a professional for help.

For the record, Sarah is great. I think we all know that by now but it had to be said. I had very little idea of what I wanted this space to look like when I first contacted her and somehow she turned the very little bit of guidance I gave her into something so perfectly me. Isn't it so pretty and happy and just absolutely wonderful?

We are still finalizing a few minor details, but I can't say enough about how excited I am to share the new design with all of you!

A few other things:

- Life has been hectic lately and I find myself craving a date night at home like woah. We’ve got this brand new hammock on the back patio, wine on hand and the fixings for a delightful dinner at home tonight. Our Friday night is shaping up to be just what we need.


- I read The Girl on the Train this week and finished it in oh, two days. Most of the books I've read this year I've heard about through this awesome blogging community and I just love that. This book definitely lived up to the hype if you ask me!


- I really really want to order the May Kindness Box. I became aware of this box a while back and I follow the Instagram account. If you haven't heard of it, the goal of these boxes is to send a little happiness. Each box comes with 4-5 items to uplift and inspire you. Every month when the new box becomes available I forget about it but this month, I really want to order it. Early birthday treat for myself maybe?

source
-  Joining the women’s bible study at church is probably the best decision I’ve made this year. We finished Beth Moore’s Breaking Free study in March and this month, started Lisa Harper’s Hebrews study. I genuinely look forward to Tuesday nights – the fellowship, the conversation, the time dedicated to growing closer to Jesus. It’s been such a blessing!

- I just watched last night's episode of Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I still watch this show. I'm not going to admit to sitting in bed sobbing throughout the entire episode, but I'm also not going to deny it.

On that note, I should really get moving and do something productive with myself. Cheers to new blog designs and weekend fun! 

7 comments:

  1. Everything looks so great 😊. Ps. After you and Jonathan have your date night, you and I are overdue for one of our own ( and the new hammock looks very inviting ) !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new deisgn!!! I'm in the process of getting a makeover as well and I can't wait! Also tonight's date sounds amazing. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design!! I too sobbed while sitting in bed and watching Grey's. I just kept thinking "nah, there's going to be a twist!" no. no twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design looks lovely! And that hammock is just UH-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOVE your design! Sarah is seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete