Friday, March 7, 2014

Things I Just Won't Do

I like to think I am a pretty easy-going lady for the most part. I'm usually up for trying new things and I typically don't mind doing things a little out of my comfort zone. Camping? I'm not super outdoorsy, but sure, if others want to go, it'll be fun. Gun range? I'm still pretty intimidated by the thought of holding a gun, but sure, let's do it!

I think we all aim to be a YES person, but I will admit there are a few things I absolutely won't do.

Buzzfeed Quizzes. Don't get me wrong...I don't mind seeing the results my Facebook friends get when they take these quizzes. I don't mind seeing what state my friends belong in or what alcoholic beverage they are, I just don't have any interest in finding out for myself. Buzzfeed articles, though? Love these and will never get tired of them, specifically the ones about Friends.

Tattoos. I don't have anything against tattoos or people who have them. Nearly every member of my immediate family has at least one and I love them and their tattoos. I decided a long time ago that I am simply too indecisive to ever choose something to permanently display on my body. Not to mention the fact that I have a pretty low tolerance for pain. If there was something I just knew without a doubt would be worth the pain of getting tattooed on my body, things might be different, but I know tattoos are just not for me.

Motorcycles. I don't even feel the need to explain this one. I don't think they are cool, I don't think they are safe and I know without a doubt I will never change my opinion on this.

Skydiving. Call me crazy, but nothing appeals to me about jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

Rompers. Even when I've been in great shape and happy with  my weight, rompers have never been flattering on my body type. I think they look great on some shapes and sizes, but I've accepted I'm just not one of them.

Spreading hate/negativity on the Internet. You can bet there are plenty of things I see on the Internet that I don't like or agree with.Whether it's a Facebook post about politics or a blogger's controversial blog post, there have been plenty of instances where I didn't like what I saw and could have easily given them a piece of my mind. But you know what? It's unproductive and quite frankly, it's just not nice. Just because someone on the Internet has chosen to post negative, hateful things or thoughts I disagree with, it doesn't mean I have to join them. When I see something I don't like, don't agree with, feel offended by or am just plain annoyed by, I hide the post or the particular individuals posts, delete the connection if I'm continuously feeling this way or I simply exit out of the window. It all goes back to what we all heard thousands of times growing up: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

These are just a few things I just won't do. What things do you say NO to?

3 comments: