Monday, September 23, 2013

My Weekend in the Kitchen

Happy Monday! It was another wonderful weekend in my world. We had friends over Friday night, I spent lots of time in the kitchen and we enjoyed time with the family on Sunday. It was perfect and to top it off, we already got our engagement photos back and I can't wait to share some of our favorites with you this week!

Like I said, I spent lots of time in the kitchen this weekend and it was glorious. I'm really starting to enjoy meal planning and cooking, not to mention I got to do some baking, too. Baking is my happy place and I couldn't have been happier working away in the kitchen while Jonathan did his own thing around the house.

I saw this recipe for BBQ Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Apples on Sam's blog last week and couldn't wait to try it out. I've been meaning to start using the crock pot more often so this was a great place to start. I loved being able to throw everything in the crock pot and go relax with Jonathan for a few hours while it cooked. The house smelled amazing and it was absolutely delicious! I love recipes like this that only require a few ingredients and still leave enough for leftovers.

I forgot to take a picture of the final product, but doesn't this look yummy?
On Sunday, I decided at the last minute I wanted to make cookies to bring to a family get together that afternoon. I recently pinned this recipe for White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles and figured this was the perfect time to try it out. The scent of snickerdoodles baking might be one of my favorite smells of all time and the fact that this one included a little pumpkin spice made it so much better. These were so easy to make and are so yummy! 

fresh out of the oven :)
 I'm attempting my first pot roast in the crock pot for dinner tomorrow and I can't wait to see how that turns out! I hope your weekend was as wonderful and delicious as mine! 

Linking up for Weekend Shenanigans!

10 comments:

  1. those cookies look amazing!! I must make those!

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it! I'm cursing the fact that I do not have any bacon on hand. I will definitely be trying that recipe out though; I love crock pot cooking! And those cookies look and sound delicious! Pumpkin spice snickerdoodles?! And white chocolate? Hello, Heaven! I am so glad I found your blog!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete