Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekend recaps make Mondays a little more tolerable.

Happy Monday friends! I love weekend recaps because it makes me feel like the joy and fun from the weekend carry over through the day. Instead of being disappointed about it being Monday, I can relive the little moments that made up my weekend.

I always feel such a sense of relief every Friday evening when I get to Jonathan's. I spend every weekend there now and it just feels like home to me. Our rainy Friday night consisted of a dinner date at a cute restaurant down the street and a movie at home. We also filled out and hung this adorable D.I.Y menu board in the kitchen.


This is going to be a little tricky to stick with since I'm only at Jonathan's on the weekends and maybe one night during the week, but I'm pretty excited about it.

Unfortunately, Jonathan spent most of the day Saturday working, so I kept myself busy taking Blake for a long walk, going to the gym and running a few errands. We spent the evening drinking margaritas and relaxing on the front porch with Jonathan's family.

Sunday we headed to Daytona for the day to celebrate a few family birthdays. I actually didn't make it down to the beach, but it was such a great day.


I had a new lasagna recipe I wanted to try, so I spent the afternoon cooking, which I've really started to enjoy. After putting the lasagna in the oven, I took Jonathan up the street to pick up his truck from getting detailed. I beat him home by a few minutes and was trying to cut frozen garlic bread in half to put in the oven when my hand slipped and I sliced my thumb open with a butter knife. Seriously? I was alone for maybe 5 minutes and managed to hurt myself.

Two things: 1. Thank God a thousand times I was only using a butter knife, otherwise I might be without a finger right now and that just wouldn't be cute. 2. Jonathan is so calm and sweet in situations like this where I'm usually being a little  very over dramatic. He calmed me down and took me to the bathroom so he could bandage me up. Have I mentioned lately that I adore him?

Anyway, the good news is that I didn't contaminate any part of our dinner and it was absolutely delicious. We ate, took Blake for a short walk and spent the rest of the evening cuddling and watching T.V.

Days like yesterday leave me feeling extra grateful. I told Jonathan before we went to bed that this is exactly how I pictured my life to be like when I found the right person. He agreed. We lived happily ever after.

How was your weekend?

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans  :)

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love the Menu board!!!! I need that.....

    ReplyDelete