Thursday, June 6, 2013

Counting my rainbows, not my thunderstorms

It's been raining nonstop for the last few days in Orlando and it doesn't look like it'll be ending anytime soon. I'm staying at Jonathan's for the rest of the week which has meant about an hour commute to and from work. It's also looking like our weekend at Clearwater Beach is going to be pretty rainy. This is all okay. It's okay because as always, I'm trying to focus on the good. Sometimes choosing joy is easier said than done, but it's so worth the effort.


Today I want to share a list of things I'm feeling thankful for right now.
  
Thankful for my health. I'm still in the process of trying to pay the massive amount of medical bills I've racked up over the last few years. Trying to pay these off is causing me a great deal of stress and sometimes I feel like there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel. In the midst of this, I am thankful that I am healthy now and at least I'm not adding to the bills at this point.

Thankful for Jonathan. Today is his 25th birthday. This man is my love, my sunshine, my dream come true. I'm so thankful for his love and support, his patience and humor, his positivity and his faith. I thank God we found each other and get to experience this amazing love every day.


Thankful for supportive friends and family. My family, my best friend Taryn, Jonathan...these are people who I know have my best interest in mind. They are the people who are always supporting me, cheering me on and lifting me up when I need it. 

Thankful for moments like this: Sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up and realize I'm not close enough to Jonathan so I turn over, snuggle up next to him and wrap my arm around him. Then he grabs my hand and pulls me closer to him and I lay there in the middle of the night, half awake, grinning from ear to ear, thanking God and drifting happily back to sleep.

Thankful for Sara Bareilles' latest song, Brave.


Thankful for our trip to the beach this weekend. Yes, I envisioned sunbathing by the pool enjoying an array of fruity beverages, but if we don't end up doing that, I'll be just as happy. The point of this trip is to get away just the two of us and relax for a few days. We could be stuck in the hotel the whole time and I know I'd still enjoy every minute of it. I am, however, still hopeful that maybe the weather will clear up by then. A girl can dream, right? :)

Thankful for so many new followers around here. Whether you've ended up here because of a giveaway, a linkup, my button on another blog or you just so happened to stumble upon my little place on the Internet, I'm so glad you're here and I hope you all enjoy reading along.

There you have it. I could've easily written a post about everything that isn't going well this week, but I feel so much better after focusing in on the good stuff.

What are you feeling thankful for this week?

11 comments:

  1. I love this post. It's so good to be thankful for little things and big things. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - sometimes its hard to remember how much we have to be thankful for! I'm thankful you posted that video - love her but hadn't heard that song yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love loved this! talking about our problems is a habit we need to break, this was a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete