Monday, June 3, 2013

Our 1st Rodeo

Howdy and happy June!

Our weekend was full of fun with family and friends. We kicked off the weekend by taking Jonathan's Nana out to dinner for her birthday. We went to Rocco's Tacos, a place I've been wanting to check out for months now. They prepare the guacamole tableside and have over 200 types of tequila. We weren't getting too crazy, but I did try one of their margaritas and it was so delicious! We had a blast celebrating and chatting with Jonathan's Nana and I can't wait to go back again.

Jonathan had to work Saturday, so I woke up and dragged my butt to the gym. I finally got a membership near Jonathan's so I no longer have an excuse for not working out on the weekends. By the time I ran a few errands and worked out, Jonathan was home and we relaxed for a bit before heading out to the rodeo with some friends.

This was the first rodeo either of us had ever been to and we had a blast! I honestly didn't even know what a rodeo entailed so I must've asked Jonathan and the boys at least 100 questions before we even got there. Jonathan and I even looked up redneck slang words before we left the house so we could really get the full experience.

Let me tell you...the rodeo is quite a show and that's not even counting all of the great people watching to be had. For $15 per person, we watched 3 hours of bullriding, barrel racing, steer wrestling and team roping...all things I knew nothing about before Saturday.

My favorite cowboy at the rodeo, obviously :) 
 

 This might have been the most entertaining part of the show. They call all kids between the ages of 6-12 and have them chase around a couple of calves and the first kid to touch a calf wins. Seeing a bunch of little kids chasing around a few animals was highly entertaining. Or maybe it was the fact that I was a few Bud Lights in at this point that made it so entertaining? Either way, I loved this.

Luckily we didn't see any of these guys get trampled after being thrown off the bull. Coming from someone who has ridden a few mechanical bulls in my time, I don't know how these guys stay on for even a second, nevermind 8 seconds. Those bulls are totally out of control!

All in all, my first rodeo experience was a blast! I now have a much better understanding of all those country songs about rodeos and cowboys. It was fun to do something different and hang out with Jonathan's friends for the night!

After making a big Sunday breakfast with Jonathan, we met up with his sister and her husband for an afternoon walk and some Italian ice. We ended the weekend by going to a surprise birthday party for Jonathan's friend and had a great time catching up with everybody. 

I'm back at work and even though I hate seeing the weekend end, we're just a few days away from our beach getaway this weekend and I can't wait! Jonathan's birthday is also on Thursday and we are expecting his niece to be born any day now. It's going to be another great week!

Hope you all had a happy weekend! 

Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans.

9 comments:

  1. Whenever I see the rodeo, I get so nervous! I have never been to one in person, they don't have many in upstate NY, but glad you had fun!

    20somethingbusinesswoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to a rodeo before! Looks like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was a blast, I remember my first rodeo! I found your blog through the Stub Hub tickets giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This NFL Flag for Tennessee Titans is constructed of polyester, measures 3x5 feet, and has two metal grommets for attaching to our 6' aluminum flagpoles or any of our tailgate pole systems. The perimeter of our NFL Flag for Tennessee Titans is double stitched and the team logos are screen printed into the flag so they won't peel. Because of its large size, these flags are great to hang on any wall in your game room, sports room, garage.nfl flags wholesale,
    house divided flags,Cincinnati Bengals house flags
    Packers stars and stripes flagsnfl flags and banners,
    ncaa flags and banners,
    college football flags,
    Sports flags and banners,

    ReplyDelete