Tuesday, June 18, 2013

If you change nothing, nothing will change.

Every now and then, I like to have a little check in with myself to refocus and evaluate my attitude and behavior.

Yesterday I found myself being grumpy for absolutely no reason. When I think about it, it probably had something to do with little things beyond my control that have been bothering me lately. I think it's just part of being female, honestly. I have intentions of being a positive person and usually I'm really good about sticking to that, but we all have days where we let things get to us a little more than usual. These days have been common for me lately and yesterday was just one of those for me. I realized how ridiculous this was and quickly snapped out of it, went home and cleaned the house, gave Blake a bath and took a few minutes before bed to think about some changes I need to make.

I don't necessarily mean big changes, although there are a few of those I'm waiting on/working toward. I'm talking about the small things I can change to stay focused and optimistic in the meantime.


I don't like to make any outrageous, possibly unrealistic statements like "No more beer" (I mean come on, let's not get crazy), I ended up going with things I need to stop doing completely, things I need to do more of and things I need to cut back on. This list is what I ended up with:
 
No
fast food
excuses 
letting others' judgements and negativity get me down
Red Bull
candy
comparing myself to others
taking myself too seriously

More
prayer
exercise
dance parties
veggies
doing 
patience
church
willpower
reading
meal planning
random acts of kindness
happy tears

Less
complaining
oversleeping
beer
over thinking 
snacking
worrying

Life is so good and I'll be the first to tell you how thankful and blessed I am. That doesn't mean I don't let life get to me sometimes. One thing I try to keep in mind is to always ask myself what I am doing to change/help/fix the situation. If I'm not doing anything to solve it or make the best of it, I honestly can't be that upset about it. I think this list will help and serve as a good reminder of what I need to focus on. 

I'm sure you all have days like this. What do you do to snap out of it? 

P.S. I'm giving away a $10 Starbucks gift card on Denim & Daydreams. Check out my 1st guest post ever and enter to win. :)

15 comments:

  1. YES!! More dance parties :)
    XX_SJ
    www.fashinny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this post! Thanks for sharing! I needed the same reminder! xo

    ReplyDelete