Monday, January 12, 2015

Random Monday Thoughts

Every time I've sat down to blog in the last week, I've ended up messing with my blog design and in the process, I messed up my social media icons and can't figure out how to fix this. Before I drive myself crazy, I'm taking a step back and cranking out an actual post.

Because I just don't have it in me to actually finish writing one of the several posts in my drafts, I'm giving you a pretty random list of what's on my mind at the moment.

1. Friday nights are usually pretty laid back for us and especially after our first full week back to work after the holidays, we had no intentions of going out. Instead, we hit the bar in our house for champagne and a few games of darts. It's easily the coolest room in our house and we rarely use it when it's just the two of us at home. but the nights we hang out here just us are some of my favorites. Any bar where the drinks are always free and I don't have to wear a bra is always a good time to me.



2. We're kicking ass at our 2015 resolutions. Hey, I know we're only 11 days in and January 1-4 really didn't count because NYE and anniversary celebrations, but I'm still celebrating our success so far. I know I haven't shared my/our resolutions with you yet and I'll get to it, but I'll say we're off to a good start and that is absolutely worth celebrating!

3. We're heading to Cancun on Friday for my friend's wedding. It's an Indian wedding with 3 days of festivities scheduled and the rest of our time will be spent soaking up the sun and day drinking. It's going to be fantastic.

4. I've seen so posts raving about Yes Please by  Amy Poehler and now I'm thinking  just have to have it on my Kindle for our trip this weekend. If you've read it already, I want to know what you think!

5. I don't rave about beauty products very often but I decided to give Roden + Fields products a try. My mother is a consultant and she's been raving about these products for months and now I can see why! I wouldn't say acne is a huge issue for me, I breakout occasionally, but I feel like even when I get rid of acne, it never fully goes away. I'm using the Unblemish Treatment and I'm only 3 weeks in but can already tell a huge improvement! I'm breakout free and any post-acne scars I had are quickly diminishing. I usually avoid any skin care product that has more than one step, but the results have been totally worth spending a few extra minutes in the morning and/or at night on this. If you're curious, I would spend a few minutes on the site (https://ltucker6.myrandf.com/) and find out what treatment they recommend for you.


That's all I have for you today! I truly am working on some actual posts and hopefully I can carve out some time this week to finish those. I hope you all have a happy week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of her book and it's SO good!

    ReplyDelete