Friday, January 30, 2015

A Few Things on Friday

Happy Friday! Believe it or not, I'm showing up here for the third time this week and I'm feeling pretty good about it! There were a few weeks in a row last year where I actually posted on Fridays and even stuck to a format of sorts. I changed it up week-to-week sometimes sharing a quote, some of my favorite online reads from the week and random things that happened to be on my mind. In an attempt to bring this back, today I'm sharing a quick rundown of this week.

Highlights of my Week

  • Getting my new Polar FT4 heart rate monitor. I'd never considered using a heart rate monitor while I workout before but after trying out a free session at Orange Theory Fitness last weekend, I realized how helpful they are to ensure I'm getting the most out of my workouts. I really enjoyed my experience at OTF and loved how they provide heart rate monitors and the workout is designed around keeping you in the target zone you need to be in to maximize the results of your workout. I couldn't quite justify signing up for a membership as the prices were way out of my league, but the next day I ordered myself a Polar FT4 so I could start paying attention to my heart rate and learn what workouts are most effective for me. I've used it twice this week and I'm absolutely loving it- super easy to use and really helpful!

  • Attending my first volunteer training session at Ronald McDonald House. Before I can start volunteering on a regular basis with RMH, I have to complete two 2-hour volunteer shadow sessions and 2 training sessions at the house. I completed my first session last night and I loved checking one of these off my list and learning the ins and outs of how the house runs. It feels good to be making progress on this and I'm looking forward to becoming more involved.
Favorite Online Reads
Favorite Meal 

This Cilantro Lime Shrimp recipe from SkinnyTaste. This was actually the only dinner I cooked this week as we've rarely been home for dinner in the last few days but it is one of my favorite quick and healthy dinners to make. 

This Made Me Giggle



I'm looking forward to a relaxing night at home tonight with my man after a hectic week for both of us. I'm planning on starting my Saturday with some writing and bible study homework and making sure I get a workout in before we head out for the afternoon to visit family. We're having one of my very best friends and her boyfriend over on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl (Go Pats) with us and I am super excited! It's going to be a good one! Wishing you all a happy weekend, too! 


5 comments:

  1. Love all your posts recently! Keep it up love <3. Can't wait to see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete