Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wedding Weekend in Cancun

I can't remember ever feeling so completely relaxed and happy after a vacation as I did when we returned home from spending 4 days in Cancun last Tuesday. The main reason for the trip was to be there for 3 days of Indian wedding festivities as one of my very best friends from college was getting married. I'm so so thankful we were able to make the trip for the wedding and the timing honestly couldn't have been better for us to get away for a few days and relax. With the hectic holiday season and stressful personal struggles over the past few months, I feel like we needed this getaway more than other vacations in the past. 

We stayed at the Moon Palace All Inclusive Resort and it was amazing. The food, drinks, service, rooms -- everything was great! I know not all inclusive resorts are as great as they sound, but this one absolutely is. 



Neither of us had been to an Indian wedding before and didn't really know what to expect aside from the fact that there were 3 days of events scheduled. First of all, these guys know how to throw a party. Every night was basically its own wedding reception - the decor, the music, the lights - every element was so elaborate. Not only was it a three-day celebration, but each night the party went until 5 a.m. 

Note: When I say the party went until 5 a.m., I do not mean we went until 5 a.m. I just can't hang like that and I am thoroughly impressed that the rest of the group could do that three nights in a row - especially the bride! Don't get me wrong - we had a blast! I just knew I'd never make it outside the next day to soak up some sunshine if we stayed out all night. I just don't recover that quickly.

Here's a photo of me and the beautiful bride! Monique, you were the most beautiful bride and I'm so thankful I finally got to meet your family and celebrate with all of you. I'm so happy for you and wish you loads of joy and happiness in your marriage!


When we weren't attending wedding events, we spent our time enjoying mimosas and breakfast in bed, lounging by the pool, visiting the spa for pedicures and just relaxing. I started and finished Amy Poehler's Yes Please while sipping margaritas by the pool and enjoyed every second of time with my handsome husband. It was glorious. 

I'm going to stop now and let the photos speak for themselves because I'm quickly convincing myself we need to go back as soon as possible. 






But seriously, can we go back now?

4 comments: