Thursday, July 21, 2011

"Wish" Updates

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that this year is just flying by! I mean, is it just me or does time seem to go faster and faster as we get older? Sometimes, I just want to hit the pause button!

Anyway, you all might remember my 2011 Wish List I shared with you back in January. It’s been a while since I’ve checked in on some of my “wishes.” I’d like to remind you that even though most of these are completely in my control, I don’t like to refer to them as resolutions. “Wish” makes it sound so much more magical!

So here we go…

Fall in Love.
I am not in love. Am I close to being in love? I don’t know. I have actually never been more confused about love in my life, but I am learning and I’m more certain than ever that when it happens, it will be amazing.

Get back in shape and stay that way.
I was doing so well with this one until about March/April! Ironically, or not so ironically that is also when I was able to start drinking again. Following that was May, which was full of birthdays, celebrations and vacations, which was followed by that bitch of a kidney stone, Stella cramping my style for a few weeks. Don’t worry, I am well aware of how pathetic those excuses are. The good news is, I am back at it and I’m even starting to run again. I feel better already!

Take more weekend trips.
Success! Between my weekend trip to Jacksonville in March, my girls beach trip in May and my beautiful cousin’s wedding in Minnesota….I’ve had no problems keeping up with this one! Hoping to plan a trip to Savannah with the girls in the fall and who knows what else!

Find a new job that makes me happy.
Success! The best part about this one is that I didn’t even have to leave the company I worked for. I blogged about my promotion here and I’m so happy at my job now. Amazing!

Volunteer.
To quote what I said in February when I last checked in on my wishes: “Absolutely no progress whatsoever. I need to get on this as soon as possible and at least set some goals to get me started.” I am a joke.

Cook more.
You may remember when I was bragging about how well I was doing with this one back in February. I even dedicated a post about the new crock pot I bought. I don’t even know where that thing is and can’t remember the last time I used my oven for anything other than baking. 

Go camping.
Everyone thinks I am joking, but I really want to go camping! Take me seriously, people!

Stay out of the hospital. This means no kidney stones or rare throat infections. Just be healthy.
You all know where this one stands. I did end up in the hospital but only for a couple of hours to get rid of Stella. I have had some health issues, all kidney stone related, but as of right now, it looks like that is a thing of the past!

So I haven’t made a ton of progress, but I have where it matters. Getting my promotion has been so huge for me this year and I still have a few months to get on the ball with the cooking thing because seriously, why is it so hard for me to get into it? If I could take my obsession with baking and direct that toward cooking actual food, it would be amazing and probably healthier!

If you have any tips or recipes for easing into cooking (other than locating my crock pot) I would love to hear them!

How are you all doing on your resolutions, goals, wishes…whatever you want to call them?

2 comments:

  1. i think we take for granted how much our health means a lot to being happy. i'm glad that you are working your way to good health. i believe every one should take some form of vacation or break away from the daily grind, no matter how much you love your job or city. it doesn't have to be a lavish vacation, but something to keep you refreshed!

    ReplyDelete