Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Confused & Going to California


I’m leaving for Anaheim, CA tomorrow and the timing couldn’t be better. I am confused. I need to get out of town. I need distance…not from anyone or anything in particular, just distance.

I am feeling a little confused about The Umpire. I don’t know if I just have unrealistic expectations of a relationship, but I find myself questioning my feelings. I know I like him, I know we have a great time together, but I can’t shake this doubtful feeling. I know a perfect relationship doesn’t exist…that everyone has struggles, doubts and bad days. It’s just hard to know whether to give it time to figure things out or if it just isn’t meant to be. While I don’t necessarily condone running away as a way to solve things, I think it will be good to get some distance. I am going away for work so I’ll be busy and maybe I’ll gain a new perspective by stepping away from things for a few days.

Needless to say, I’m overwhelmed by my thoughts and a little confused. I know things will sort themselves out, but dang, I am constantly amazed by how confusing relationships can be. Carrie Bradshaw said it best…

“Does anybody really know when it’s right? And how do you know – are there signs? Fireworks? Is it right when it feels comfortable or is comfortable a sign that there’s no fireworks? Is hesitation a sign that it’s not right, or is it just a sign that you’re not ready? In matters of love how do you know when it’s right?”

Anyway, on another note…I’m looking forward to my trip. I’ve never been to California and I’m excited to represent our company….hoping we bring back lots of clients and I know I’m going to have a great time with my coworkers, who I’m lucky enough to also call my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time in California! I hope you get some clarity and clients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a fun time in cali! i don't think anyone knows, i think sometimes we just need to enjoy the ride instead of focusing on every little thing. i don't think there is a perfect relationship, one way or another, something is going to happen, even people who've been married years and years may feel bored, but at the end of the day - there's so many other things that relationships are built on.

    ReplyDelete