Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kate Voegele, Jewelry & 16 Innings

...that was my weekend in a nutshell, but let me elaborate…

On Friday night, Sarah and I went to House of Blues to see Kate Voegele and Natasha Bedingfield. The best party about this was that we got in free because Sarah knows a bunch of people that work there. We even got to stand in the VIP area and got some really cheap drinks to top it off. I’m not a huge fan of Natasha, but I like Kate’s music a lot and I’m not proud to say it, but I watch One Tree Hill. Kate was awesome to see…Natasha wasn’t so great. She must’ve been wasted which was pretty entertaining, but I wasn’t too impressed with her in general. Highlights of the night:

Getting to meet Kate Voegele and telling her she is the only good thing about One Tree Hill, which was probably highly offensive (I was a little drunk) but she was really nice…such a sweet girl!
Also became obsessed with one of Kate’s songs called “Impatient Girl” because I can relate to it so many ways….check it out!


Saturday I hosted a Lia Sophia jewelry party at my house. I’m not the type that would normally be interested in throwing one of these, but I went to one a few weeks ago and absolutely fell in love with the jewelry. Plus, Sarah and I co-hosted the party so it was easier to get people there. We had a blast and I loved having all of my favorite girls over my house. I’m psyched about the jewelry I’ll get for hosting the show, but it was a really fun girls night, too! I made my famous Red Velvet Cupcakes and tried a recipe for Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries that I found on StumbleUpon. Both came out absolutely amazing. I’ve made the cupcakes before and they are always good, but it was my first time trying the strawberries. They were a big hit and I’ll definitely be making them again! 
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

My friend, Lindsay brought me these napkins. Obsessed.

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Sunday night I went to the Red Sox vs. Rays game in Tampa. My dad got four free tickets, but wasn’t feeling well so I went with my brother, sister and my sister’s friend. I hadn’t been to a Sox game in a really long time, so I was psyched even though I knew I wouldn’t get back to Orlando until late and work wouldn’t be so fun on Monday morning. Well…the game didn’t get over until 2 a.m. Going into the 16th inning, neither team had scored ONE run! Needless to say, I didn’t get home until about 4 a.m. and had to be up at 7 for work. I am still struggling today, but I had an absolute blast at the game! The Red Sox were the team to finally score so I’m glad we won and I had a blast with my brother and sister!

My brother and I
My sista and I

Such a fun & busy weekend! Hope your weekend was happy!

3 comments:

  1. the cheesecake strawberries look delish! also, go red sox! the only song of natasha bedingfield that i like is "unwritten". when it came out, i thought it was very fitting with my life, come to think of it, i think it still is. glad you had a good time with the fam.

    ReplyDelete