Sunday, June 26, 2011

What Love Means

To preface this post, if you’ve never heard of StumbleUpon, I definitely recommend checking it out. You can choose your interests and it directs you to all kinds of cool sites you wouldn’t have found otherwise. It helps me find lots of recipes, blogs, crafts and awesome quotes.

photo source
Anyway, I was “stumbling” away last night when I found this blog post and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it. It’s a blog post on how 4-8 year-olds describe love. The answers were so cute and heartwarming...reading it kind of made my day.

You can read the post for yourself here, but here are some of my favorite responses:

“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
Bobby – age 7

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.”
Karen – age 7

 “Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.”
Mary Ann – age 4

“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,”
Nikka – age 6

This is great. It’s not often I stop and think about what love really is to me and these kids have the right idea. They probably know more about what love is than most adults for sure. I feel like with so many things in life, we have these completely unrealistic expectations of how it should be. We’re looking for signs and these big, extravagant moments to define life’s moments. But if you really think about it, it’s pretty simple. Love really is as simple as what is left in the room on Christmas if you stop opening presents and just listen.

Well I hope you all enjoy that post as much as I did…kind of makes me want to be 8-years-old again!

1 comment:

  1. ah those descriptions of love are precious!!! thanks for sharing that site - I love StumbleUpon!

    ReplyDelete