Friday, June 3, 2011

May: A Birthday, a Boy, a Beach and a Bride


It’s Friday night and I’m staying in. For the first time in a while, I am not rushing out the door to go on a date, to meet the girls, to kickball, to work or away for the weekend. I finally have some alone time. I’m catching up on the DVR and being super lazy on the couch. So it’s time to fill you in all the fun stuff I’ve been up. Between my birthday, a trip to the beach with my girlfriends, meeting The Umpire and traveling to Minnesota for my cousin’s wedding, it’s hard to believe so much fun could happen in one month!

My 25th Birthday
I turned 25 on May 12. Some of my friends were telling me that turning 25 was going to freak me out, but I felt nothing but excitement over celebrating another birthday! I am exactly where I want to be right now, happier than I ever could’ve imagined being at 25. Who could feel anything but happiness over that?
Me and the girls celebrating downtown.
Girls’ Weekend at the Beach
I’ve had this beach weekend planned with Taryn and Sam since the beginning of the year so I’m really glad we made it happen. We spent three days at St. Petersburg beach and had an absolute blast! With how stressful work has been over the last few months, it was so nice to get out of town and relax.

We might have started a bar crawl at 3 p.m. and actually crawled to the last stop. Such classy ladies. 
After a few stops on the bar crawl. 
We had a picnic at sunset with strawberries and mimosas. We laughed and danced around. It was heaven.
Most relaxing part of the weekend.
Minnesota for my Cousin’s Wedding
When I say I was excited about my cousin’s wedding, I don’t think that quite gets the point across. If you know me at all, you know that I have been dying for someone to get married so I can go to a wedding. My cousin was an absolutely beautiful bride, the wedding was lovely and I was so touched when she asked me to do a reading at the ceremony. Me? Of all people? It really meant a lot to me. Needless to say, the wedding and whole weekend was amazing! Oh yeah, also spent 7 hours at The Mall of America that weekend. Wow.
Best part of the weekend? My whole family was together. 
What a beauty.
The cake was amazing!
In between all these celebrations, I’ve been seeing a whole lot of The Umpire and enjoying every minute, work has been busy and stressful (but going well overall) and our kickball team has managed to make it into the championship, which is next week! Life is busy, exciting, silly and chaotic…I wouldn’t want it any other way though! But sometimes…I need to remind myself of this:

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." Albert Einstein

4 comments: