Friday, June 10, 2011

Archived! #3

I haven’t been very active with my eHarmony account lately thanks to The Umpire, but I still log in every now and then for entertainment purposes. The “archive-worthy” matches are still rolling in…

Just to give you a little background on this one, when you’re talking to someone on eHarmony, the normal process is to go through what is called “Guided Communication.” Basically it is a series of questions and information in steps you send to each other before you start e-mailing back and forth. There is an option to skip that and go straight into what is called “eHarmony Mail,” which I’ve never really done. I tend to prefer going through the steps first. I find choosing from the questions on there, you get to know each other a little bit and have something to base your e-mail conversations off of. Well, the other day I logged into my account to find an eHarmony mail request from one of my matches. This is what he wrote to me:

“I wanted to be upfront about something before going through the gauntlet of questions on here. I have a few friends (couples) that are swingers and as I've gotten older I've changed my outlook on relationships and sex and what I want out of life. Please do not take this as I am easy, sleeping with anyone or take sex lightly. I'm just saying I want someone who is open to things but also wants the old fashioned kids, white picket fence, cuddling on the couch with a movie type of relationship as well. I hope this doesn’t freak you out but I figured I should be honest and upfront.”


Seriously? Nothing says happily ever after like sleeping with other married couples. Yuck.

Archive!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahah on my i am dying. where do these people come from. jeeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? you're not into that?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! eHarmony's guided communication was a total turn off to me, it bored me to death! that e-mail is cray-cray!

    ReplyDelete