Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Archived! #1

I’m excited to announce a new series to my blog! It’s amazing I didn’t start this earlier, but after the last few weeks, I realized it was a necessity. When I joined eHarmony oh so long ago, when you weren’t interested in one of your matches, you “closed” them. There was an option on each profile that simply said, “Close Match.” They had a list of reasons you could choose from, like “this person lives too far from me” or “I don’t feel like we have the same values.” That person would then get a message when you closed them with your explanation why. Shortly after I joined, they changed this system. Instead of close, each profile said “Archive Match” and you no longer had to pick a reason, and the match no longer received a message. It's like now instead of being closed, your matches are just sent to a big room full of files to be filed away for the person they should be with to find. Maybe people were getting their feelings hurt, but that is neither here nor there.

My two roommates at the time and I would go through my matches together each day (P.S. I have the best friends) and when we found one that was obviously not a a possibility, we would all shout, “Archive!” We quickly incorporated this catch phrase into our girls nights out, meeting guys when we were out at bars together and whatnot. If some creeper hit on us, or some tool used a cheesy pickup line on us, we would jokingly yell “Archive!” and start laughing hysterically.

 Photo via Weheartit
As I shared with you last week, I am back on eHarmony once again. You could definitely say I’ve been getting a lot of “archive-worthy” matches. So many in fact, that I had to start this new series. If these matches are any indication, this time around should be just as unsuccessful as the last, but at least it will be entertaining.

This guy, when answering the question, “The most important thing I am looking for in a person is,” he answered: “No gag reflex.”

I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried. To top it off, when listing the “five things you can’t live without," all he said was “sex.”
ARCHIVE!

4 comments:

  1. ahhahah i'm going to LOVE this series on your blog :)
    that is hilarious....yes.. ARCHIVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, i love this series already. i wrote this post last year, looking back at some of my hilarious online dates, hopefully you haven't ran into this guy as well!

    http://www.livewhatyoulove1.com/2010/12/misadventures-in-dating-matchcom.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like a keeper!
    (I really wish there was a sarcasm font)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article is very interesting. And I also want to share articles about health, I'm sure this will be useful. Read and share it. Thank you very much :)

    Cara Mengobati Infeksi Rahim secara Alami
    Solusi Tepat Pengobatan Kanker Nasofaring
    Manfaat QnC Jelly Gamat

    ReplyDelete