Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tucker Tale #1

If I haven’t mentioned it before, I am absolutely obsessed with my family. I am smack dab in the middle of four siblings…Jamie is 20, Kelsey (Rooms) is 21, I’m 24, Mikey is 25 and Kristi (Kiki) is 25. Kiki lives in Buffalo with her husband and two beautiful kids, Alyssa (4-years-old) and Aidan (1-year-old). My parents, Linda and Gary met in high school and have been happily married for 27 years. The love they have for each other and our family is something I am so proud to be a part of and so lucky to have.

I can really describe the perfect combination of how sarcastic, supportive and fun my family is by describing one recent scenario. I recently got my braces off and was so glad that geeky accessory was finally a thing of the past. No more than a month later, I was at the eye doctor finding out I needed glasses. This should have come as no surprise to me, as I am an exact, creepy replica of my amazing mother, my soul sista, as we like to call each other. Nonetheless, I was feeling slightly panicked because I have never been a fan of accessories for the face/head. I don’t like hats on me and it is a constant battle to shop for sunglasses, headbands, etc. I called my mom whining about how silly I looked when I got my glasses, probably being overdramatic, as I tend to do that sometimes.

The next day, Rooms and I headed to my parents house for the day. They live in Citrus Springs (what us kids call Sleepy Springs), FL, which is about an hour and a half from my house in Winter Garden. We try to gather at their house every other Sunday or so, so Mikey and Jamie were already there when we arrived. When we walked in the house and found all four of them, Mikey, Jamie, Mom and Dad sitting at the kitchen table wearing glasses, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. It was the funniest, sweetest way they could have shown their support. I just adore them all.

You can expect regular posts with me bragging about these wonderful people I have in my life. After all, they’ve helped shape me. They helped me get to this amazing place in my life. And they make me laugh always. I’ll call these posts Tucker Tales. This way, you know what you’re getting yourself into. 

2 comments: