Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In Other News...

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe and fun NYE.

I promised some updates so here they are!

I had a beautiful and relaxing Christmas with my family. As I told you, Gary joined me at my parents' house for the weekend. I really wasn't too worried about how it would go. He's outgoing, fun and loves me so I went into it without any concerns. Needless to say, I was one happy girl. Christmas with my family is always so nice and having Gary there simply put it over the top for me.

I've been reading so much lately! I got a Kindle for Christmas and absolutely love it. I've always been a big reader, but lately, I haven't been able to sit down and read without getting distracted with Pinterest, blogging, TV or the hundreds of other reasons not to read. I was resistant to eReaders for a while, but recently decided that I absolutely had to have one. I'm reading The Hunger Games right now and I've already finished the first two books in the series. I haven't been so enthralled in a story since I read The Help so I am obviously loving it.
 
Just a few days before NYE, I went to the doctor to follow up on the procedure I had to get rid of my kidney stones. Those darn things keep coming back so I was really hoping that after a very uncomfortable week of recovering, I would be stone-free. I got the good news I was hoping for. The stones were gone. I just have to go back in 6-8 weeks to make sure it stays that way. Unfortunately, it looks like this may always be an issue for me. All I can do is check in with the doctor regularly to make sure if I have stones again, we can take care of them right away. Anyway, I was super relieved to get back to normal in time for our New Year's Eve celebration and loved going into the new year with that weight off my shoulders.

Speaking of New Year's Eve, I had a wonderful time ringing in the new year with Gary and many of his friends. We went to a formal party at his boss' house and had an absolute blast! I have been such a hot mess lately with health issues that it was really nice to get all dressed up and celebrate together. The night was full of dancing, lots of amazing wine and great conversation.

The holidays were a delightful time in my world and I hope they were the same for you. Right now, I'm focusing on getting back to the daily grind at work and trying to get back to my gym routine. I feel like with everything going on at the end of the year, I wasn't as "present" at work as I need to be, not to mention that I haven't been on my normal workout schedule since Thanksgiving. It's time to get focused again and head into the new year with enthusiasm and health!

6 comments: